cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Buying stick as a present - advice needed

Hi - I have Now TV via my TV app and a friend with an older LGTV would like all the catchup services without buying a new TV.He'd also like to watch occasional Villa matches with a Sports pass and Games of Thrones whenever that returns.

Can I buy the stick with special offer Ents pass via my account then he sets up own account to pay for any later Entertainment/Cinema/Sport passes?

Last question - can you just watch catch up services without Sky automatically paying themself !?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The smart stick with the bundled voucher is not account specific, so when you buy it you can give it has a gift with no fear of your account information in the box.

Just make sure you keep the receipt safe for any warranty returns.

Your best bet is to pick up the smart stick with the bundled 2 month entertainment pass voucher from either Argos or Tesco's rather than waiting a few days for delivery from nowtv website.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If i have read your post correctly you wan't to give the smart stick to your friend to use on their older TV and use the two month entertainment pass on your own nowtv account.

That shouldn't be a problem adding the 2 month entertainment voucher code to your account ( where you get up to 12 months to apply the code from date of purchase).

With regards to passing the stick onto your friend, there should again be no problem as long as your friend has a TV with a HDMI port and a broadband service 2.5mbps or above.

To use the smart stick without subscribing each month without a nowtv pass (purley just to use the catchup service Apps on the stick) then your friend will have to create a free nowtv account and give their bank card details, start a free trial and cancel the free trial before it expires, then they should have access to the smart stick apps.

See this help article for more info about "do I need an activate pass to use the nowtv smart stick".

https://help.nowtv.com/article/do-i-need-active-pass-to-use-now-tv-box-stick

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Forgot to mention, your friend can buy passes or vouchers on his own account in the future to watch the Villa matches or Game of Thrones with no long term contract commitment.

Just remember that if he buys an entertainment month pass in the future for say example GOT, that once he wants to quit the nowtv service, that he cancels the pass before the next due payment date on his account to prevent the payments auto renewing each month.

Should your friend buy either a day or week sports pass for the Villa games there is no need to cancel (only the month sports pass auto renews each month and would need cancelling when you want to stop the sports pass service).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks but I meant that he gets the 2 month pass.My concern was that I'd pay via my account so worried he couldn't use it after setting up his new account if that makes sense !

Not much of a gift if I get the pass...lol

The rest about using catch up only makes sense and I'd probably have to remind him to cancel before the trial ends .
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The smart stick with the bundled voucher is not account specific, so when you buy it you can give it has a gift with no fear of your account information in the box.

Just make sure you keep the receipt safe for any warranty returns.

Your best bet is to pick up the smart stick with the bundled 2 month entertainment pass voucher from either Argos or Tesco's rather than waiting a few days for delivery from nowtv website.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for all the tips as some I'd not even thought about !
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you are interested, here's the link to Argos and Tesco's websites for the nowtv smart sticks (unless you are going to purchase via the nowtv website shop).

http://www.argos.co.uk/browse/technology/set-top-boxes-recorders-and-satellite/smart-tv-boxes/c:30222/

https://www.tesco.com/direct/technology-mobile/digital-media-players/cat3375769.cat?source=others