cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Boost not working, audio still in stereo, no 5.1 option

I have activated boost and now movie information does show HD, 5.1 but picture quality has not changed and appears to streaming in 720p. How to stream in 1080p?

Audio mode provides only two option to select, Auto and Stereo.

Just to get HD streaming, I purchased Now TV stick and activated boost but disappointed to see no effective change in picture quality.

3 REPLIES 3
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User what make and model of TV do you have? Is it full hd 1080p? If it is a full hd TV is the stick detecting it properly (settings>display type)?

5.1 - are you using an amplifier and speakers or an off the shelf home cinema system? How are they connected to the TV? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Saint1976 I have tried my now tv stick both in Samsung TV and LG 27UK850 monitor. It detects HDMI display as 1080p HDCP 1.4 (Auto detect) but picture quality just like 720p. I can play 4K videos in LG monitor with Apple TV and full HD movies in Samsung TV.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you have just activated the Boost Pass from the NowTV website under My Account > Passes & Vouchers it could take up to 4 hours for the Boost Pass to kick in.

The way around this 4 hour delay is to sign out of your playback devices and then sign back in which should trigger the Boost Pass.

Have a read of the last but one FAQ on this linked guide.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv-boost 

Edit - I missed the bit about that you said you can see the HD & 5.1 icon symbols on NowTV content description information on screen which normally denotes HD Boost is activated.