cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black screen after initial update

Hello

I purchased the Now TV Stick and set it up a few days ago.

Everything was working fine during the initial setup, with good signal and internet connection. When the stick got to the stage of updating it’s apps, after reaching 20/20 the screen went black and has remained so since. 

I have tried switching off the power to it and the tv, tried different HDMI ports, powering from usb and even tried it on a different tv but still get a black screen. 

Pressing buttons on a on the remote has no effect and pressing the reset button on the stick for up to 1 minute has no effect (the light remains constantly on). 

I have a subscription that is running but can’t get away from the black screen. 

Help please. 

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you have tried both the supplied power adapter and your TV usb port, together with a full blown factory reset and the stick on another television, then there is a possibility that the stick is faulty.

Before returning the stick back to the retailer you purchased it from for a replacement or refund.

The only thing you could try is use your smartphone has a temporary hot spot to see if the stick is stuck in the download process on your home network or if practically possible see if the stick works on somebody else network such has a friend or family members home to complete the up dating process on the stick.

Might be easier & less hassle to return the stick for a replacement or refund

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply. The trouble is I can’t access anything to set the WiFi password because the screen always remains black.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Good point about the blank screen about accessing the wifi network.

Unless anybody else has got any idea's or suggestions, then return the stick back to the retailer under warranty and ask for a replacement or refund.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Think I will have to. Thanks for trying to help anyway. We should’ve just ran Now TV through the PS4.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Can't comment on the nowtv stick where i don't use one in my setup, but my nowtv smart box gen 1 & 2 have been rock solid and reliable over Ethernet.

Like you said, maybe stick with the PS4 (unless you need additional devices on separate televisions).