cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC IPLAYER PROBLEM

I have a new Nowtv stick, however on BBC iPlayer when trying to restart programmes to watch from the start, it jumps back about 2 hours.

Is there any fix planned for this as it was a very useful facility.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

7 REPLIES 7
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling iPlayer or rebooting your router? 

Since iPlayer is a third party app, you may have to try to ask BBC.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes i have tried that

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anonymous User
Not applicable

bbc iplayer will not load i have been to the site and tried everything they suggested its very frustrating as i am disabled and i only bought this so i could watch my programs when i am confined to bed 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have tried that

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't wish to appear impolite but the response volunteered is not a solution, although it is good to know the BBC at least acknowledges there is a problem.

I left this feedback on the BBC page, and it applies equally to the support staff at NOWTV:

"All I know is I used to have a facility that worked, and now I don't, starting from sometime 1H18.

WHEN is this bulletin dated please?
WHOSE upgrade has caused this degradation: BBC or ROKU?
WHEN did I consent to this upgrade?
WHY can't I just downgrade to the version that used to work? As far as I can see there are no new features implemented, none that help me, that's for sure.
WHY can't the BBC or NOW/Roku just release a backport with features the parties now require and the features we used to benefit from?

This is basic release management co-ordination from two mainstream professional parties.

Do the parties understand the impact of this failure? In our case we have 3 TV/ROKU boxes that superseded all the HTPCs we used to have and all the furniture that was needed to support them, so you have caused a major disruption in our domestic setup."

Mal_J
Advocate

And here we are two months down the line with no visible progress.

I wondered whether the issue might just be on Now boxes but from this it would seem that it affects Now sticks as well so to switch to one would not resolve the problem.

Mal