cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Auto power off issue

Hi. I’m new to Nowtv and have a stick with a smart remote.

I cannot wake up the stick after auto power off unless the power cable is unplugged and reinserted.

I’m sure it use to work when I first got the stick but now the only buttons that work are the Tv off, and volume when it has powered off.

I have re installed the stick as advised in the troubleshooting.

Any ideas, other than turning off auto power off ?

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If it was me i would go into the stick menu settings under System then Power and re tick Turn Power Off after 4 Hours.

Then go into System settings again and under Control Other Devices re tick again the 1 - touch play.

Then go into your television menu settings and re enable the HDMI CEC control feature.

If the stick doesn't awake from a touch of a button on the smart remote (excluding the on/off standby & volume buttons which are designed to be used with your television only).

Then maybe try steps 6 first on this linked trouble shooting guide and if it still persists maybe try a full factory reset by following step 2 on the link but instead of holding in the reset button for just 6 seconds try holding in the reset button on the stick for about 15 to 20 secs.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick