cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Amazon Prime Video

Hi everyone. I have Now TV Broadband and, separately, I pay for Amazon Prime for which I have access to Amazon Prime Video. However, when I connect my phone to the broadband, some contents in the Amazon Prime Video App disappear. Has anyone experienced the same thing? How did you sort that out?

12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Because you mentioned NowTV Broadband, maybe have a play around with your NowTV Broadband Buddy Settings.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/broadband-buddy-troubleshooting 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you very much!

I turned the buddy off but still not working... I don't really know why. If I disconnect from the broadband I can see everything again...

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It was a bit of a long shot suggesting Broadband Buddy, where this normally blocks websites depending of the parental age setting you select or what i have done with my NowTV Broadband is to switch it off.

You could try these other things below, which i have done myself on my NowTV hub 2 Router, but again i doubt it makes any difference where it's more related to wifi dropouts on devices or opening up Apps on smartphones.

What i would be inclined to do is try the following on your Hub 2 Router.

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it:

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.

In my setup 2.4GHz wifi works better for me in my Home environment than 5GHz, where i have set all my devices  for 2.4GHz.

Also a few users have reported random wifi drop outs on their phones using the NowTV Hub 2 Router.

Where you could try accessing the Hub 2 Router webpage settings (following steps 1 & 2 above and instead of selecting the Maintenance Tab, select the Advanced Tab), then select the LAN IP Setup tab below it, then disable the IPV 6 on Lan side by unticking the box and clicking the green Apply Button towards the bottom of the screen.

The disable of the IPV6 over Lan seemed to help people who have reported wifi random dropouts on their phone and other devices using the NowTV Hub 2.

Apart from that phone the NowTV Broadband Team for further assistance & help.

Do you have the NowTV Broadband helpline telephone number to call ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps Thank you very much. Sounds really complicated, but I may try.

Unfortunately, I don't have that phone number and it is a real nightmare to find it on the website 😞

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My post only helps to improve wifi drop outs or Apps that don't open on a mobile device.

Though the settings may be useful to use on your NowTV Hub 2 Router.

Based on what you are saying, it seems to me there is a regional setting that may need changing on your phone to access the Amazon Prime UK website when using the NowTV Hub Router.

If you can access Amazon Prime in Italy it sounds like you are using a VPN with your mobile phone data maybe set to the region of Italy.

Have you set your phone to the UK and gone to the phone UK Apps Store and downloaded the UK version of the Amazon Prime App and then logging into your UK.Amazon account ?

To be honest i am not sure if the NowTV Broadband Team will be much help on this matter.

Hopefully @Saint1976 may be able to assist further, where he was on the ball asking the right questions and i was way off the mark.

You can find the telephone number for the NowTV Broadband Team in this link page below, where they are open from 8am.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User when you say that content has disappeared, does it show in a search or has the whole show disappeared from the whole platform? Can you upload a screenshot of before and after?

Is your Prime Video a UK subscription or from another country? Is your phone a UK purchased and/or contracted phone or one purchased from abroad?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Saint1976 , basically some contents become not available. 

It may be because my app seems to be connected to Amazon .com, to my italian account  (I also have the UK account but I can't log in to that one for some reason.) Yet how can it be an issue? When I use the internet from my UK sim card it works perfectly 😪

I don't know how to upload the screenshots 😞

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You say that your Amazon account is pointing to an Italian address?

This is why your not seeing any UK content with Amazon Prime. 

What you’ll need to do is change the location of your contents and devices to a UK address to fully see UK Prime content. 
This link should give you step by step instructions how to do it.

https://support.streamlocator.com/article/77-switch-your-amazon-account-country-to-download-us-uk-apps

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @gavs82008 , I'll try.

The reason why I'm so confused is that I never had this issue in the house I was living before. It only started when I moved here and started using NowTV Broadband...