cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Activation code not working

I've got a nowtv stick set it up on TV screen it says goto nowtv.com/tv and put in code I have done this Several times and it won't work can anyone help 

92 REPLIES 92
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When you say a VPN are you in the UK when attempting to activate the code ?

The NowTV system sometimes tends to block things with a VPN on the end of it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i think what the problem is it keeps re-directing me to the web site in ireland as I am in ireland .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

no i used a vpn to try and direct me to Uk site ,as when i try nowtv.com/tv  it keeps brining me back to Nowtv ireland

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you are based in the Republic of Ireland, then i assume you would need to go to the ROI webpage (what is the nowtv web address shown on your television screen where it asks you to use the activation code) ?

Also, i am not familiar with the ROI website and if the nowtv stick is available to buy in ROI.

So i am assuming you have bought the stick within the ROI and not from the UK.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

To avoid wasting any more time and if you have tried the web link shown on your TV screen, then speak to NowTV Republic of Ireland Live Chat.

Here's a link to ROI chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/ie/contact-us

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought the nowtv passes on web sit in irl.

i bought the nowtv stick on amazon uk...

and yess all is here in Irl same as uk .

I currently watch now tv on my computer/ you can watch now tv  now any were in europe .

i wil wait for chat and see if i can get sorted

Anonymous User
Not applicable

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/setup

this is the same /just brings you to buy passes  so on ...

complete waste of time /instead of just having it like before user/password simple a.b.c

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I might be wrong but i think that the nowtv boxes and sticks are Geo blocked to the region you bought them from.

Maybe that's the issue where you are having difficulty activating a code from a UK sourced stick in the ROI.

Your best bet is to speak to live chat ROI, but make sure you tell them you bought the stick from Amazon UK.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

ok mate i keep you posted /but i dont think they are geo blocked we will see .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I’m just wondering did you get this problem sorted, and if so how? I’ve recently bought a now tv stick and I’m have the exact same problem, been on to live chat/email but no joy. 

Thanks, 

Sinead