cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Activating Now TV Stick - 'Oops somthing went wrong'

Hi,

The inability to activate a new stick seems to be a recurring problem.

Can you please confirm when this problem will be solved as I am without TV since installing the stick on the 09/06/20?

All the same issues with the same "Oops" page!

Thanks.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I am having this issue as well

Bought stick with cinema pass on amazon. Every time I tried to activate it it said "oops something went wrong". I tried on and off WiFi. Various browsers. Various devices. Hard reset. Unplug and wait 15mins etc. Nothing worked. 

Advised that it is faulty stick by live chat worker that stick was faulty and had to send it back. 

Purchased another stick with sports pass from argos today. SAME THING IS HAPPENING! 

This is clearly an issue with Now TV and I think its absurd I can't speak to anyone about it. All the chat workers I've spoken to just tell me to follow the normal steps which obviously I have already done multiple times on different days. 

What can I do?? Please help. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

@EMJW

II had same problem they told me the same thing i bought 2nd stick still had the same problem, and couldn't contact nobody.. 

Tried all steps that I done with the first then decided to try a new account.. It worked with a new email address (making a new account instead of signing into my broadband one just before the oops something is wrong)

Obviously if this works for yourself make sure you don't have any active passes on the 'old' account.. 

Of your using a new email I have nothing else to suggest other than buying/using another brand.. And returning the argos one once they open back up. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Thank you.

I got a now tv broadband package with entertainment pass 😞

This is why I ended up getting now tv stick as thought it would match up well. 

Obviously not. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Finally working!!!

It worked by my partner setting up his own account to activate it. Absolutely ridiculous that you can't seem to use it if you already have an existing account - pointless!!!

So I've cancelled my entertainment pass on my account and therefore lost the big discount. Oh well. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Hi,

I am a new customer to now TV but I am unable to get past the error ‘oops something went wrong at our end.  Can anyone help me please.  I’ve entered about 30 new codes but still not successful!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I’ve purchased a new NowTV stick today and am having the same issue connecting the stick to my account. I have an existing account with an active pass but just want to connect the stick as a device so I can watch on a tv where it’s not possible to download the app. After I’ve inputted the code from tv screen it asks if it's really my account and then goes to ‘oops’ screen. 
Has anyone been able to solve this issue yet? I don’t really want to start a new account and don’t see why anyone should have to?

many thanks in advance

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Hi there

Also having the same issue - I have clicked on the link but unable to get any further. How did this Simon help you??

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

So.ehow he passed it on to the help desk
A d two days later I got an email and it all worked.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I have this problem too. 
I have contacted the online support twice and told I would be contacted via email over 6 weeks ago now. This still hasn’t happened. I have also signed up for broadband but if this is the current customer service I feel I may just cancel it. It’s a joke. 
disgraceful that no one has made any contact with me to resolve this. 

0 Thanks