cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Activating Now TV Stick - 'Oops somthing went wrong'

Hi

I signed up for a Now TV free trial, and liked the content so I decided to buy a Now TV stick so I could watch on my TV. The stick I bough comes pre-loaded with some passes. 

When I try to activate the stick I get to the 6 digit code on my TV. When I input this to the Now TV website, it recognises my Now TV account then says 'Oops something went wrong at our end;.

I've spent hours on with Live Chat and tried all sorts of suggestions including using a different browser, using a different computer, clearing cookies, re-setting my wifi, re-setting the stick, using browser's incognito mode, but nothing will work. 

I've been in email  correspondence with Now TV over the last few days. Their responses are rather incoherent but seem to be saying that other customers are having the same problem, it's with their technical team but they cannot tell me when (or even if) it will be fixed. I can also see other posts in this forum, but none of them seem to report a satisfactory solution.

Now TV keep reminding me I can use other devices; I remind them that viewing TV on a laptop screen hardly makes for ideal family viewing, and that if I wanted to use other devices then I would not have spent good money on a TV Stick!

My Theory

My Now TV account is currently using a free seven day Entertainment trial. On the Passes and Vouchers screen, there is no green 'Apply a voucher' link under Entertainment pass. All the other passes have this link available. The Now TV stick includes a 1 month Entertainment Pass. The system is unable to apply this pass to my account due to the presence of the free trial, and is therefore unable to proceed. 

My Questions

Given Now TV's inability to assist, I am asking the forum if anyone has ever successfully overcome this problem, and if so how?

Is my theory above likely to be correct? If so, is the problem likely to resolve its self at the weekend when the free entertainment pass expires? Or is my theory a load of nonsense?

Alternatively, is it possible to buy sticks without pre-loaded passes (I gather some people receive paper passes with a code to input) - would success be more likely with one of these sticks and where can I buy one from?

It's very frustrating - I just want to watch TV on my TV!

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be really grateful. 

Thanks!

69 REPLIES 69
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have an account on now tv for internet and sky cinema and I have been given a fathers day present for 1 month sky sports, I kept getting the message 'Oops something went wrong'  this keeps happening over and over I missed the Merseyside derby last night 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Simon-J 

Can somebody from NowTV help out customers who can't setup and start their new sticks and whilst on here can you remove the OP mobile number from the public forum please.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

We understand that some of you are still encountering an issue when trying to activate a new stick.

If you haven't already please contact us so we can log your case. Please note that without a case we can't look into this for you. If you're having trouble using live chat or can't reach anyone contacting us try this form.

If you have already contacted us regarding this but have not heard back from us in over 3 days please comment here.

Thanks

Simon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue. Just had broadband installed and have a pass on there. Don’t want to set up a new account to get round the problem. The now help area is rubbish as after hours of looking fir somewhere to log the problem I have given up. Starting to think I should have stuck with BT. Please help. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Spoiler
@Simon-J @I’ve been emailing, instagramming, live chatting and still no progress at all with this same problem. I’m a new customer, month 2 and still no tv. Please help! 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Simon-J Ive already emailed about this problem and my log number is 07360472

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes exactly the same problem with my new 4K TV Box. I have a Now broadband account and Now TV existing account seems to be and issue when redeeming the new boxes vouchers using existing account. Oops something went wrong, CANT USE THE BOX FOR ANYTHING, it just keeps throwing up new 6 digit codes every 9 mins. (did the whole shebang reset plugs out in etc time and again)

The issue seems to be with the online confirmation.

Chatted online said he has raised it with the tech team awaiting email.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had lots of contact with now tv about this and have been told someone will get back to me but nothing. Looks like it is an issue that has gone on for a while so why has it not been sorted. Starting to regret changing to nowtv as paying for something I now am unable to watch. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im in the same boat too. I bitterly regret changing my internet provider to Now TV as I’m paying for something that I can’t watch. And nothing has been fixed. Very poor customer service and it seems as if this is a long standing and known problem that hasn’t been sorted. No number to call. No reply to my email. I’m at my wits end! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Simon-J  I’ve emailed. I’ve contacted you as requested. Ive has my case logged. I’ve sent you my log number but still no one is getting back to me and this problem is not getting fixed. It’s a really bad first impression indeed.