cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Activating Now TV Stick - 'Oops somthing went wrong'

Hi

I signed up for a Now TV free trial, and liked the content so I decided to buy a Now TV stick so I could watch on my TV. The stick I bough comes pre-loaded with some passes. 

When I try to activate the stick I get to the 6 digit code on my TV. When I input this to the Now TV website, it recognises my Now TV account then says 'Oops something went wrong at our end;.

I've spent hours on with Live Chat and tried all sorts of suggestions including using a different browser, using a different computer, clearing cookies, re-setting my wifi, re-setting the stick, using browser's incognito mode, but nothing will work. 

I've been in email  correspondence with Now TV over the last few days. Their responses are rather incoherent but seem to be saying that other customers are having the same problem, it's with their technical team but they cannot tell me when (or even if) it will be fixed. I can also see other posts in this forum, but none of them seem to report a satisfactory solution.

Now TV keep reminding me I can use other devices; I remind them that viewing TV on a laptop screen hardly makes for ideal family viewing, and that if I wanted to use other devices then I would not have spent good money on a TV Stick!

My Theory

My Now TV account is currently using a free seven day Entertainment trial. On the Passes and Vouchers screen, there is no green 'Apply a voucher' link under Entertainment pass. All the other passes have this link available. The Now TV stick includes a 1 month Entertainment Pass. The system is unable to apply this pass to my account due to the presence of the free trial, and is therefore unable to proceed. 

My Questions

Given Now TV's inability to assist, I am asking the forum if anyone has ever successfully overcome this problem, and if so how?

Is my theory above likely to be correct? If so, is the problem likely to resolve its self at the weekend when the free entertainment pass expires? Or is my theory a load of nonsense?

Alternatively, is it possible to buy sticks without pre-loaded passes (I gather some people receive paper passes with a code to input) - would success be more likely with one of these sticks and where can I buy one from?

It's very frustrating - I just want to watch TV on my TV!

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be really grateful. 

Thanks!

69 REPLIES 69
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Customer service is dreadful. I have been told someone will get back to me but nothing. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same. No one is getting back to me. Very poor customer service. I will be asking for a refund for all of these missed months of no Tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For hours i have been trying different codes and i have already purchased my tv passes but i get displayed this message after i have logged into my account to activate my stick has anybody found anything to resolve this problem 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Well without tempting fate mine appears to be working now.
Got a message earlier saying that the problem had been resolved.
I reset everything and it worked.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

The inability to activate a new stick seems to be a recurring problem.

Can you please confirm when this problem will be solved as I am without TV since installing the stick on the 09/06/20?

All the same issues with the same "Oops" page!

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having this issue as well

Bought stick with cinema pass on amazon. Every time I tried to activate it it said "oops something went wrong". I tried on and off WiFi. Various browsers. Various devices. Hard reset. Unplug and wait 15mins etc. Nothing worked. 

Advised that it is faulty stick by live chat worker that stick was faulty and had to send it back. 

Purchased another stick with sports pass from argos today. SAME THING IS HAPPENING! 

This is clearly an issue with Now TV and I think its absurd I can't speak to anyone about it. All the chat workers I've spoken to just tell me to follow the normal steps which obviously I have already done multiple times on different days. 

What can I do?? Please help. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

II had same problem they told me the same thing i bought 2nd stick still had the same problem, and couldn't contact nobody.. 

Tried all steps that I done with the first then decided to try a new account.. It worked with a new email address (making a new account instead of signing into my broadband one just before the oops something is wrong)

Obviously if this works for yourself make sure you don't have any active passes on the 'old' account.. 

Of your using a new email I have nothing else to suggest other than buying/using another brand.. And returning the argos one once they open back up. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you.

I got a now tv broadband package with entertainment pass 😞

This is why I ended up getting now tv stick as thought it would match up well. 

Obviously not. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Finally working!!!

It worked by my partner setting up his own account to activate it. Absolutely ridiculous that you can't seem to use it if you already have an existing account - pointless!!!

So I've cancelled my entertainment pass on my account and therefore lost the big discount. Oh well. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I am a new customer to now TV but I am unable to get past the error ‘oops something went wrong at our end.  Can anyone help me please.  I’ve entered about 30 new codes but still not successful!