cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

4 hour cut off

@schnapps   Hi , sorry to pick you out but I was hopeing you might have an idea of how to solve my 

ongoing problem. I posted this last week put didn’t get any feedback. Problem is

My Now stick turns off after 4 Hours, I have  made sure in power settings that the square box is unchecked, today I put it on and each hour I came out of what I was watching and went back to what I was watching so there was Active movement happening. I had this problem when I first got the stick and solved it by coming out and back in again every so often, but now it has started again This has only started happening again since the newest update.

I have done a force update aswell, When 4 hours is up , a message appears saying do you want tv to shut down with a box highlighted Yes and next to it a fainted No, but I am unable to scroll over to No , it’s as if the hand set suddenly stops responding so it shuts down .Im doing an experiment at the moment where I have gone back into settings and put a tick in the box where it says shut down after 4 hours just to see  what will happen.

Im puzzled as to why Now TV puts this shut down on as I have also got a Roku Express and it is not implemented on that and stays on all day with no problems at all. 

Look forward to any ideas you may have 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

This is the website source that i read about the Roku UK Black Friday deals for 2018.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/finance/technology/roku-reveals-black-friday-2018-deals-that-youre-not-going-to-want-to-miss/ar-BBPmI2Q

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I did notice your previous post on the forum, but didn't respond because i couldn't offer you any suggestions on things to try which you haven't done already sorry Smiley Sad

Are you using the supplied power adpator that came with the stick or taking power off the usb port from your television ?

Perhaps @Tony-D of the NowTV Team can offer you further assistance. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps I’m taking power of the usb on tv, every thing else about the stick seems to be ok , perhaps tomorrow I will try again with it plugged into mains. 

I will let you know what happens,

many thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps Just checked , it was set for 10 mins , I have changed it to 30 now 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Thinking about it now, i don't think the screen saver will have any bearing on what you are currently encountering after 4 hours operation on your stick.

To be honest i am stumped Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps Yes  its a strange one, as I say though , it’s only since the latest update , I will see what

happens if anything now I have set it to 30mins, may just end up getting another Roku Express as it’s a bit annoying , and to be honest I can’t fault the Express and there pretty cheap 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you are going to buy another Roku Express, just a heads up that Roku have confirmed that they will be doing a Black Friday deal for 7 days where they will be selling the Roku Express for £19.99 at all authorised Retailers Smiley Happy.

I have noticed on Curry's and Argos website that they have both dropped the price of the Express at the moment from £29.99 RRP to £24.99.

Sorry i couldn't help with the power shutdown issue with the nowtv stick Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps Thanks for the heads up, my son is thinking of getting the Express after seeing my one, I will let him know as well 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

This is the website source that i read about the Roku UK Black Friday deals for 2018.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/finance/technology/roku-reveals-black-friday-2018-deals-that-youre-not-going-to-want-to-miss/ar-BBPmI2Q

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

In the stick menu settings, what wait time have you selected in the screen saver mode ?

If you have disabled the screen saver, perhaps try 30 minutes (this is the setting i use) and i have my nowtv box on for long periods through out the day where i have never encountered the message that you seem to be getting after 4 hours of operation.

After non activity with my box the bouncing nowtv logo screen saver appears on screen and pressing any button on the nowtv remote brings back my nowtv box back to life again.

Bit of a long shot, but no harm in trying.