cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

4:3 video on NOW TV Smart Stick

Hi,

Does anyone know how to select the 4:3 standard video mode. There is no option in the settings menu for this and the automatic video mode setup doesn't select it, so the aspect ration on the TV is wrong.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I was lucky to find a Transvideo Format Converter on Ebay, which converts widescreen TV to standard format.

So problem solved.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I believe there is no manual option to select 4:3 aspect ratio because from the nowtv generation black box onwards where these devices assume that people are using a modern widescreen television,

The only nowtv product that offered the option in the menu to select 4:3 aspect ratio was the first generation white nowtv box.

What Type of TV are you using with the stick i,e. old CRT TV or Widscreen TV ?

What TV shows or Movies you think is not natively streamed properly in the correct aspect ratio on NowTV and looks wrong to you ? 

Have you had a play around with the aspect ratio options on your TV ?

If you are trying to watch an old broadcasted TV show that was filmed in 4:3 ratio and have the black vertical bars on each side of a 16:9 windscreen TV then the only way to get rid of the black bars is to zoom in the picture on your television (not recommended where the picture will look stretched).

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,
I am using an old CRT TV with a HDMI to AV converter, and I have just switched from using an old white NOW TV box, which gave the correct aspect ratio 4:3, to the new NOW TV Smart Stick. All the TV from the Stick is stretched vertically, and the old TV does not have any adjustment for aspect ratio. The converter also does not have any adjustment for this. 
So it looks as though I may have to accept a picture with the wrong aspect ratio.
In all other respects the new Smart Stick is a great improvement on the old white box.
Thanks very much for your help, and for replying so quickly. 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I was lucky to find a Transvideo Format Converter on Ebay, which converts widescreen TV to standard format.

So problem solved.