cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

2 month entertainment package stick DOES NOT WORK!

I just bought the package for the now tv stick with 2 months entertainment. 

- I plugged it in my tv

- I received a code on my tv and was prompted to go on my computer, enter that code, and create an account.

- once that was all done, it showed on my tv that I was logged into my account.

There was no 2 month entertainment package. It only says I get 7 days free trial. I contacted customer support twice and spent 6 hours!!!!!! They were literally no help, and kept saying my stick and my account were not connected, so meaning I wasn’t logged into my account on my tv; which I was. They kept saying I should have received a code. I can’t tell you how many times they had me reset my stick. The whole thing was a huge waste of my day. Plus you can’t ever talk to anyone. When I asked each rep for an email or number they said there isn’t one.

I did did all of their trouble shooting games and nothing. When each rep couldn’t figure it out, they literally said they couldn’t help me. All I want is have my entertainment package!

This is a total scam. Some of the sticks don’t actually come with the packages you paid for and when you reach out for help, they want to tire you out, waste your time, and hope you give up. Did I mention I dealt with this for 6 hours?

im going to complain to the place I got this from (Argos), and report this to Consumer Affairs. 

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

Fools (me) rush in....

On your computer, log in to Your NowTV account.

Under My Account, go to Passes and vouchers. 

Top right, does it say you have any vouchers waiting for you?

If so, go in there and Redeem them.

Vouchers from a Stick go and live there when you first set up the Stick, but you have to redeem them before they become active passes on your account and let you watch stuff.

Six hours fruitless Chat? Surely it can’t really be this simple, then? But I have to ask....

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey RoyB -

thanks for the comment. But to answer your question, I’ve tried that; I feel like I know this system pretty well after 6 hours!

again, thanks for your comment and advice; much more than their customer service. 

They have ave sticks out there with no package included, and when you get one, they brush you off. There are other ways to watch the shows I want to see. I’d actually rather watch nothing if it meant going with them and feeling ripped off.

RoyB
Legend

Yes, I have noted that NowTV’s £15 Stick is now passless, and Sticks with bundles are back to £20, though retailers are still offering £15 Sticks with bundles.

So what do you think happened to you - were you sold an unbundled Stick when you asked for a bundled one, or were you sold a ‘bundled’ one that didn’t actually have any passes on it?

And if so, was it sealed? The seal is the only thing that protects the passes from being silently extracted, and the Stick put back in the box. I bought a Stick from Tesco, last one, £5 off, that was in one of those security boxes that have to be unlocked at the till; got it home, found it had already been (rather clumsily) opened. And the paper voucher (this was in those days) was gone.

Took it back in short order, got my refund. Don’t know if it was employee theft, or a customer return that Tesco didn’t check. But a NowTV device in a box with the seal broken is a no-no, especially now you can’t tell if the virtual vouchers have been swiped.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks RoyB 🙂

I returned the stick at Argos today and they gladly took it back! Now that’s good service. Now Tv’s service is the most terrible service I’ve ever experienced. They wasted a little over 6 hours of my time, and then to be told to figure it out myself. In fact, it’s their fault for not including the package on my stick; mine was sealed when I got it.

ill never work with Now Tv again. There are other ways to watch the shows you want to see.

RoyB
Legend

“There are other ways to watch the shows you want to see”.

There certainly are. But make jolly sure you don’t get rogered Smiley Embarassed