cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ss7467
Advocate

tv box

I'm just about to end my contract with Sky. 

Can you record, store and playback on Now boxes?  If so, how do you go about getting one when setting up the account?  I can't see an option for it when choosing a package.

TIA

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ss7467 

The only way to record NOW live content is with a BT TV NOW bolt on package subscription directly with BT and using the BT TV Youview box that has a hard drive.

For live sports I can see the advantage of using the live recording by subscribing to BT Broadband & BT TV bolt on NOW Sports package where for example football on the NOW catchup Sports service only offers 25 minutes of highlights and takes around 24hours to be added to the NOW on Demand / catchup service.

When it comes to NOW Entertainment, NOW Cinema most people will use the NOW on Demand / catch up service rather than recording it live, where you can use various devices such has Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Smart TV's with the native NOW App on them and can subscribe directly to NOW.

RoyB
Legend

@ss7467 

Just to flesh out @schnapps‘ reply, Now don’t make or supply Now devices in the UK any more, and those they did ‘make’ (variants of Roku devices, customised for Now, and badged accordingly) never allowed you to record, store and playback anyway.

You can download On Demand programmes to watch offline, but these only work for as long as the programme is available on demand anyway, even if you downloaded them earlier than that.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.