cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tothbros
Scholar 2

still audio delay

i was hoping an update would fix this long running issue, but still not.

on the smart now box (pink logo) when output is at 50hz, audio and video is out of sync.

been discussed before, still no fix

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

its now been months i have fire stick 3 and tech team looking in to it 

also micro judder also its a pain must be 3 month now

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The micro stuttering when watching NOW content on my Amazon Fire Stick when forced into 50Hz playback now seems to be fixed for me with my short bit of testing when watching NOW Sky Sports.

So far I have left the Fire Stick display setting at 50Hz and haven't tested yet when watching other Apps such has Netflix or Amazon Prime when switching to 60Hz or Automatic if when going back into the Fire Stick display and forcing 50Hz again if the NOW content starts to show micro stuttering again when watching NOW Sky Sports.

Over the weekend when I have time I will test the above.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

well micro stutter and lip sync on fire stick 3 is back to normal now

sky sports seen to be fine also lets hope we dont have this again

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

The micro stutter when watching Sky Sports with Boost through the NOW App seems to have gone away for me when forcing 50hz via the Amazon Fire Stick display Settings.

Though you still have to leave it in Stereo under the NOW App My Account Boost sound option.

Using Surround Sound reintroduces micro stutter and is unwatchable with Sky Sports.

My Amazon 4K Fire Stick is only plugged directly into the TV and using the television inbuilt speakers so I can leave the NOW App My Account Boost setting in Stereo.

I have never noticed any audio delay or lip sync on the Fire Stick 4K NOW App even when micro stuttering was present on the picture.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @tothbros 

I haven't used my NOW 4K Smart box with the pink NOW logo on it for a few months.

Personally myself I have never encountered sound delay/lag or lip sync with the two televisions I have used the NOW Box on over the years.

When I have time I will dig out my NOW 4K box to see if there is a sound delay since any recent software updates on the box.

Are you using the NOW Box with a A/V Receiver, sound bar or HDMI hub switcher or is the box connected directly into the HDMI port on your television.

If you haven't already try playing around with the NOW Box audio settings starting with Stereo.

I don't know if this feature has been removed from the NOW 4K box, but when watching NOW content or Netflix content press the star button to see if a Volume option mode pop up appears on the television screen and if so set Volume Mode to off.

I would also try another HDMI port and HDMI Hi-Speed cable and has a test, temporary play around with the HDMI CEC settings on the television and if your television is 4K see if under HDMI if it has an Enhanced and Standard mode option and if so try both.

Also maybe has a temporary test try the NOW Box on a different TV around your home if you have one to see if the sound delay watching NOW still persists.

tothbros
Scholar 2

yeah, thx, i've tried all the above and nothing made a difference.

right now the pink-logo now tv smart box has audio sync issues, mostly at 50hz, and at 60hz its better, but still present. bbc iplayer is flawless at 50hz, even the uhd content.

now tv at 60hz is good on the newest roku ultra (yes, the american roku!), but at 50hz the audio issue is also there.

not to mention, something that is there on every platform: the strange color-patterns on certain live channels, visible mostly with darker images, background. really annoying. 

also, the audio sync issue is only on live channels, not on on-demand content. which also suggests its a now-issue, not a device or tv or me-issue 🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @tothbros 

I will dust the cobwebs off my NOW 4K Smart box with the pink logo on it  this weekend and update the software to see if I am also getting sound delay issues.

The strange pattern you are seeing sounds like the camouflage effect which has been reported quite a few times in the past, where I have seen it mainly watching live Sky Sports across various different playback devices.

Type something like "camouflage" or "fog" into the NOW Community search box for reports by other forum members (where I haven't got any suggestions how to mitigate this).

tothbros
Scholar 2

this special effect is even present on the pc browser, when watching live now content. that is when i became certain: its not me, its them 🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @tothbros 

Is the strange weird picture pattern on NOW content only or across other Apps on the NOW 4K Smart box ?