cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tothbros
Scholar 2

still audio delay

i was hoping an update would fix this long running issue, but still not.

on the smart now box (pink logo) when output is at 50hz, audio and video is out of sync.

been discussed before, still no fix

13 REPLIES 13
tothbros
Scholar 2

the camouflage is another now-only feature 🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @tothbros 

Watched quite a lot of live NOW Sky Sports and NOW live Entertainment plus a little bit of NOW Entertainment on Demand last night with the latest available software version on my NOW 4K Smart box.

Over the hours I didn't notice once any time sound delay or lip sync issues with the NOW 4K box hooked up to my Hisense 4K TV for me.

Perhaps other NOW Community Members who use the 4K NOW Smart box can chip in here if they are getting sound delay issues or not ?

I am assuming hooking up the NOW 4K box to a different TV (if you have one) you are still getting the same sound delay problems ?

tothbros
Scholar 2

thanks for taking the time to test this. i tried this on 2 different tv's, but they are both TCL android tv's, 43 and 50 inch, one 4K, the other full hd - the issue is there on both.  too bad there is no NOW app for android tv's, just for sony. i tried to install an apk but it failed. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@tothbros wrote:

thanks for taking the time to test this. i tried this on 2 different tv's, but they are both TCL android tv's, 43 and 50 inch, one 4K, the other full hd - the issue is there on both.  too bad there is no NOW app for android tv's, just for sony. i tried to install an apk but it failed. 

Hi @tothbros 

This updated NOW help article may be of interest.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now 

Might be worth checking your Apps Store on your TCL Android TV's and if the NOW App is available perhaps test it out to see if you are getting any audio delay like your other NOW playback devices you have tried / tested.