cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

software update 9.4.3 build 4091-16

Just wanted to ask a question about the new software update 9.4.3 build 4091-16,   Its a nice update but feels very unresponsive and slow does anyone else notice this ?

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm seeing the same issue on my 4500SK after applying the new green themed update. And it's obviously not an isolated issue, otherwise there wouldn't be so many of us saying that our boxes are noticeably slower now.

You'd swear that the box is only using 1 CPU core as both input responsiveness and animations are awful now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The firmware was updated to 9.4.3 build 4094-16 earlier this month, but it didn't fix this issue.

Surely they know how to reproduce the issue? It should be obvious since all you need to do is press the home button and then press up or down once. You'll notice that your box won't do anything for 2-3 seconds when switching to or from the home screen. And this used to be almost instant before the green NOW firmware was pushed out to everyone.

Switching between the TV guide, apps and settings seems fine. It's mainly the home screen that causes the box to stall for a few seconds.

The bugs that I've previously reported are all still there too, so I don't know if this will ever get fixed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now has just had software update to version 10.0.3 beta 4086. I have updated my now tv smart box with Freeview just a we while ago.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  What does it include??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When is the next software update going to appear. I would to see the most updated version of Spotify app version 2.8 beta 90 to reappear again which will be fix by a software update. Apparently there is hopefully an 10.5 os update going to appear.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issues. We have a stick and a box, on both devices it's terrible.  The "reaction time" was never great, but now, it's horrendously slow. This update doesn't make the user experience pleasant at all.  It's like the software is too big now for the small devices that it's applied to.  This really does need sorting out and fast

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why NOW TV had to screw up a perfectly working firmware only they know. The problem is that they are quite happy because this firmware works on Smart TVs, (mine in an 24inch LG), iPhones, iPads and also on Windows PCs. Sadly it does not work on either their set top adapters or a Roku Streaming Stick+. It should be a simple matter to see what is causing the problem by comparing the two versions of the firmware, i.e. the one before 17th March and this latest version. They are making an effort to update the firmware as the latest update is dated just two days ago, V.6.4.3 dated 8 April 2021. However they need a better class of softie! 

I can't comment on the performance as all I get is 'SORRY NOW TV is currently unavailable Please try again later.' HA! HA! I have been trying daily since 18 March. I have downloaded and reinstalled the NOW TV app on my Roku stick every day. I cannot do anything about my adapters, Type 4200SK-UK and 4201SK-UK. They just give the same result, blue/green icon, rotating broken circle and then the message. Why, oh Why, did they have to 'update' the firmware. It used work fine.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you using any sort of adblocking software on your Router for example Pi-Hole ?

Or you are  you using a BT Hub Router, where you need to go into it's Parental file sharing settings to make some changes.

These two above items seem to cause this recent error message.

Type "Sorry NOWTV is unavailable" in the Community search box for various methods how to get rid of this error message .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to let people know now boxes are having a new software update to os 11.0.3 beta 4063. I updated my box earlier.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there any news of a new software update as it’s been nearing five months since I last updated my now smart box with Freeview on the 7th June 2022. I hear a while ago there was an update os 11.5 coming up but not hear anymore about it.