cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

software update 9.4.3 build 4091-16

Just wanted to ask a question about the new software update 9.4.3 build 4091-16,   Its a nice update but feels very unresponsive and slow does anyone else notice this ?

20 REPLIES 20
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If it's the NOW Freeview Smart Box, then i have reported some bugs & glitches to a NOW Staff Member including slow pages updating on screen and the fluidity of the navigation buttons on the remote where i see jerky thumbnails when Moving up and down and across my television screen.

Maybe also report it too either NOW live chat or send them a message using the web form on this link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry I should have said which device it is, 

Model 4500SK , All 3 boxes is same problem

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NOW model 4500SK is the NOW Freeview Smart Box with the blue NowTV logo on the top of the box casing identical to mine.

Might be worth reporting your problems since the update to NOW (the more people who report it the more NOW hopefully take notice).

Best way to get in touch with NOW would be live chat or drop them a message on the web form that i linked in my first post.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Reported this problem hopefully they fix this within the next couple updates, thanks for above link 👍

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anybody having problems accessing the entertainment/movies/sport etc from the main screen?

When I select (for example) entertainment, an error occurs stating a bad internet connection. The freeview tv listings work fine, this only occured after the update. Bugs?!!!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you referring to the live NOW channels ?

I haven't got enough device slots on my account to watch NOW on my Freeview Smart Box, but have you tried going into the box Settings > System > System Update to see if there are any updates ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, I have just done a software update as suggested, and it seems to have
cured the problem.
Thanks.
Shona
Advocate

Keeps freezing then gives me an error saying buffering issue and to check my internet connection stability.  Have absolutely no issues with my connection and it’s only started since the update.  No happy!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m on an old 4200SK - Now TV box and it’s been very sluggish since the 9.4.3 update. I also find that 3rd party apps like Netflix or Amazon crash the first time I try to open them.