cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

smart tv without now tv app

hi 

i have a smart tv without access to the now tv app so what would be the best way to access the app on my hub 2 smart box? would i be able to plug in a now tv stick to access the app and get going?

finding this very frustrating. thnks in advance for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you don't have any suitable nowtv supported device to plug into your television from this linked help article below, then the NowTV smart stick would be the cheapest option.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

Just make sure your TV has a spare HDMI port to plug the stick into.

Currys are currently selling the NowTV stick with a bundled pass for £15.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you don't have any suitable nowtv supported device to plug into your television from this linked help article below, then the NowTV smart stick would be the cheapest option.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

Just make sure your TV has a spare HDMI port to plug the stick into.

Currys are currently selling the NowTV stick with a bundled pass for £15.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

many thanks ...i should have done some more research on compatible smart tv's.

RoyB
Legend

Given that two months Entertainment Passes can cost £15.98, the Stick turns out at -£0.99

And given how seamless it is to use, even compared to a built-in app, you were right not to let it sway your choice of smart TV.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Sony Bravia and I just bought a Sky Sports pass expecting it to work seamlessly but it seems Sony is not supported!

- I also have a Now TV internet and router, so will that help me in any way get the Now Tv onto the real tv?

- Will Now TV be putting a native App at some point soon on to Sony TV?

Thanks much.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

‘Sony is not supported by NowTV’ is one way of looking at it, but another is ‘NowTV is not supported by Sony’ Smiley Tongue

And no, having NowTV broadband won’t help here (though neither will it hinder).

And you can’t rely on Sony TVs supporting NowTV any time soon.

However, if you get a NowTV Stick, as per @schnapps posting above, you can be watching NowTV on your Sony in minutes, and save a quid on your next two month’s entertainment as well.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.