cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

smart Now TV box is overheating,skipping back, and when hot crashes

Can anybody help, with any of the above issues? I am struggling to get a response from Tech Services

4 REPLIES 4
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Due to the built in tuner and extra processing power the NOW TV Smart Box has a built in fan which will kick in when needed and adjust speed if necessary. It will feel hot to the touch at times, but shouldn't be uncomfortably so or cause the box to crash.

You could try moving the box slightly to see if that helps, out of direct sunlight, plenty of space around it, not tucked away under a TV or inside a cabinet etc. You could also try raising it slightly to allow airflow underneath. However if it is still uncomfortably hot and/or crashing under normal operation I'd recommend returning to the place of purchase for a replacement/repair under warranty.

With regards skipping back during live TV this is unfortunately a known issue with the latest update to the box firmware and NOW TV are aware of the issue but as yet it has not been fixed. You'll need to wait for an update to be released fixing this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

WIth regards the overheating/crashing, I would hazard a guess that an internal fan has died causng the unit to overheat. As for the skipping back, this is a problem introduce by an upgrade in mid January... NowTV keep saying it will be fixed "soon" but are unwilling to give any clues as to how long "soon" is.

There are some very unhappy customers on here, but NowTV don't seem to care...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is very hot. Cant connect to anything. And light is flashing!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm a new smart box user having purchased my box on 24.06.18.

I tried to set my box up today but after 20 minutes the box crashed and wouldn't restart.

It's obvious from previous posts that there is a design flaw with this hardware.

I'll be returning my box for a refund and won't buy again util the hardware is stable.