cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

problems with digital tv signal

after using my now tv box successfully,my digital tv signal is scrambled and i cant use my feeview box. i have disconneced my now  tv box. it is not an aeriel problem. any ideas ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are we talking about the new NowTV smart box or a YouView box ?

If you are happy / convinced that your TV aerial is working fine and is hooked up to the smart box, then the only thing that i could suggest on your NowTV smart box is to do a factory hard reset and then re scan your TV channels from scratch.

To carrying out a factory reset on the smart box, go to the box menu Settings, then select System, then select Advanced systems settings, then select Factory reset.

Once you set up the smart box again with your username & password, go back into the box menu settings, and select TV channels and select "Scan again for channels".

Edit - Just had another read of your post and i am guessing your are talking about your YouView box, if that's the case disregard the suggestion in this post of mine.

If you are referring to your YouView box TV channels have you tried rebooting your YouView box or a new channel re scan in the box settings?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are we talking about the new NowTV smart box or a YouView box ?

If you are happy / convinced that your TV aerial is working fine and is hooked up to the smart box, then the only thing that i could suggest on your NowTV smart box is to do a factory hard reset and then re scan your TV channels from scratch.

To carrying out a factory reset on the smart box, go to the box menu Settings, then select System, then select Advanced systems settings, then select Factory reset.

Once you set up the smart box again with your username & password, go back into the box menu settings, and select TV channels and select "Scan again for channels".

Edit - Just had another read of your post and i am guessing your are talking about your YouView box, if that's the case disregard the suggestion in this post of mine.

If you are referring to your YouView box TV channels have you tried rebooting your YouView box or a new channel re scan in the box settings?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks for you suggetion,but after using now tv box i cannot get any signal for digital tv so rescanning does not help. all i can get on youview box is internet channels and the channels on my tv are breaking up.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

First question is the nowtv box the standard black box or the new smart box with the inbuilt Freeview tuner and an aerial socket on the back ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

I would check that the aerial is not the cause of the fault first.

So this is what i would do if i was in your situation.

Disconnect the aerial from the back of the YouView box and plug the aerial straight into your TV input socket (ie totally bypass the YouView box), then i would re scan the channels on your TV to make sure that the aerial is working properly.

If you get no channels or poor reception on your TV set with the aerial plugged directly into it, then you may have an aerial or coaxial wiring problem.

Have you tried this first before concentrating on the YouView box ?