cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

not too impressed with this SMART BOX so far (day one).

Just picked this up from Tesco yesterday as I needed a freeview box for the kitchen and this was the only HDMI TV box they had that did HD. Its good that I can also use it for Sky channels as I don't have Sky but my main reason was for watching regular TV.

Main annoyances are: 

The regular TV channels are so hard to select as the remote has no numbers and the channels also have no numbers assigned to them. The only way to get to the channels that we want to watch is to press the down button until the box finally arrives at the desired channel (I want HD channels and also SD sky news as it not in HD as far as I can see). 

When pressing the go back arrow on the remote to get to the TV guide the listing starts from the top BBC1 SD. it takes another 21 seconds to scroll down to BBC 1 HD .  I like to channel hop so why can't the box show the TV guide starting from the listed channel that is being watched at the time?

The Channel guide has a column that you can choose between Free-to-air, NOW TV and Radio this needs fixing. The Free-to-air list also duplicates the radio channels. Following this logic of this setup where is the HD column? Why not have a favourite column as it would make it easier to navigate.

The box is functioning ok and the picture quality seems fine but branding this as a smart TV box and missing so much out is a real shame. 

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

A quick tip if you press the FF >> or RW << button on the remote controller your can navigate faster up and down the page.

Also when you watching a Freeview channel, if you press the left directional arror on the RC the Freeview channels will appear has a list on the left hand side of your TV screen.  

Agree with you about a favourite tab option and the ability to remove unwanted channels.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks schnapps 

Just tried the FF >> or RW << button on the remote controller and its working faster to jump down the TV guide. 🙂

lets hop a better solution comes along with an update. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Personally i don't tend to use the TV Guide section, when i am on the NowTV main Homepage i click on the live TV channel box  (which will take you to the last channel watched previously) then once that Freeview channel is shown on my TV screen, i then tend to channel hop by pressing the left directional arrow once on the RC which brings up the Freeview channels list  on the LHS and then i navigate up & down the list by using a combination of the FF, RW, Up & Down keys on the remote controller.

After a couple of days you get used to it and becomes second nature to channel hop the Freeview channels. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

On my box it takes me to the TV Guide section when I press that.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

When you press the Home button on the remote controller there should be a live video box titled "Last Live Channel" on the main Homepage, where if you highlight this box and click OK on your remote it should take you directly to that Freeview channel.