cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

- no free view channels showing on Now TV

Hi I’ve set up my now tv box and activated the passes all working fine but I can’t find the free view channels. I have an indoor aerial connected to my tv. The one for all that covers up to 15 miles and I’m 9 miles away. 

I have tried the factory reset I can’t find a way to scan for channels. I don’t have a internet connection am using hotspot until broadband arrives in two weeks so really need the free view 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If the nowtv logo on top of the nowtv box is pink (like the picture below), then you have the newer smart box 4K which unfortunately doesn't have a Freeview inbuilt tuner so you won't be able to watch the full over the air TV channels.

There is a App in your smart box Apps Store called Pluto TV that offers these live Freeview channels through the internet (though it doesn't offer the vast amount of channels on Freeview via a TV aerial).

Channels on Pluto TV App are as follows :-

BBC 1 

2 BBC 2

3 ITV

4 Channel 4

5 Channel 5

6 ITV2

7 That’s TV

8 BBC4

9 ITV3

10 Pick

11 Dave

12 channel 4+1

13 More4

14 Film4

15 QVC

a.png

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you using the nowtv smart Freeview box (like shown in the picture below) ?

If so you need to connect your TV aerial directly into the TV aerial input socket on the rear of the box.

All other nowtv boxes or smart stick in nowtv's product line up doesn't support Freeview over the air channels on their devices.

Smart_Box_main.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi thanks for your reply 

that is the box I have except it’s pink it’s the smart box. 

Mine doesn’t appear to have a socket for a arieal there is one spare socket and it is Ethernet and my arieal doesn’t fit with it should I have an adapter or what is going on here haha? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If the nowtv logo on top of the nowtv box is pink (like the picture below), then you have the newer smart box 4K which unfortunately doesn't have a Freeview inbuilt tuner so you won't be able to watch the full over the air TV channels.

There is a App in your smart box Apps Store called Pluto TV that offers these live Freeview channels through the internet (though it doesn't offer the vast amount of channels on Freeview via a TV aerial).

Channels on Pluto TV App are as follows :-

BBC 1 

2 BBC 2

3 ITV

4 Channel 4

5 Channel 5

6 ITV2

7 That’s TV

8 BBC4

9 ITV3

10 Pick

11 Dave

12 channel 4+1

13 More4

14 Film4

15 QVC

a.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Right got it thank you very much

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you do try the Pluto TV App on your smart 4K box could you post back if you can see channels 1 to 15.

The reason i am asking is that for some reason i can't get channels 1 to 15 on my 4K pink smart box, but i can with the older black box and nowtv smart box blue Freeview version.

Just wondering if it's only my pink smart box that doesn't have channels 1 to 15 where for some reason i only have the more obscure channels 110 to 141 that doesn't interest me on the Pluto TV App.

Thanks

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps Out of interest, I just installed the PlutoTV app on my smart stick (non-4k). like you I only get channels 110-141. As I, also have no interest in them the app has now been deleted. Might add it back if it gets fixed. In my opinion, this app is buggy.

Just noticed that your earlier post lists Thats TV which is not available in London. Maybe it’s trying to do something clever based on TV region and device?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Mark_Weinreb

I was lazy when i posted the 15 channels on the list and copied @Anonymous User channels list on this thread below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Stick/Nowtv-Stick-live-streaming-on-Channel-4/m-p/480609#M1203

I am based down in South Wales and on my nowtv smart box (older Freeview version) the channels are similar to Scottie 79, where the main differences are that BBC and ITV is the Wales region, channel number 4 is S4C where channel 4 is on number 7 (don't have That's TV) channel 8 is Made in Cardiff and channel 15 is Film 4 where i don't have QVC.

The Pluto TV App must be picking up from the internet your regional area, where i didn't have to enter any postcode.

I have tried a reboot on my nowtv 4K smart box, deleted the Pluto TV App and re installed it again and tried a forced software update, but i still can't get channels 1 to 15.

Don't want to factory reset the 4K box, because i am trailing something on the box at the moment.

chai
Scholar 3

The Pluto App is not displaying the Freeview channels on both my NOW TV Stick and original NOW TV Black Box!?

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

Out of further interest, I also loaded the PlutoTV app onto my Roku Streaming Stick+. Same result as on my NowTV stick - channels 110-141 only. No Freeview channels. Pity, it might have been a useful app for use in rooms with no tv aerial.