cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

- no free view channels showing on Now TV

Hi I’ve set up my now tv box and activated the passes all working fine but I can’t find the free view channels. I have an indoor aerial connected to my tv. The one for all that covers up to 15 miles and I’m 9 miles away. 

I have tried the factory reset I can’t find a way to scan for channels. I don’t have a internet connection am using hotspot until broadband arrives in two weeks so really need the free view 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If the nowtv logo on top of the nowtv box is pink (like the picture below), then you have the newer smart box 4K which unfortunately doesn't have a Freeview inbuilt tuner so you won't be able to watch the full over the air TV channels.

There is a App in your smart box Apps Store called Pluto TV that offers these live Freeview channels through the internet (though it doesn't offer the vast amount of channels on Freeview via a TV aerial).

Channels on Pluto TV App are as follows :-

BBC 1 

2 BBC 2

3 ITV

4 Channel 4

5 Channel 5

6 ITV2

7 That’s TV

8 BBC4

9 ITV3

10 Pick

11 Dave

12 channel 4+1

13 More4

14 Film4

15 QVC

a.png

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Just to clarify that the Pluto App only picks up the 15 number or so over the air Freeview channels in it's TV Guide with the generation one Now TV Freeview smart box only where it takes the info off the box inbuilt TV tuner.

All other Now TV branded devices will not show the over the air TV channels in the Pluto App TV Guide channels 1 to 15.

Thought it was important to clear this up here on this thread.

PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

Pluto Tv doesn't have any channels, well not as we know them, They simply stream an entire program series over and over and over and asign a channel number to each program. An example...

Channel 123 "Forensic Files", It just streams nothing but the program series Forensic files. Pluto TV buffers for me a lot too. I have 220mb download via Virgin Media broadband and experience no buffering with any of the other apps available via the app store or Now TV. FYI, I don't bother with Pluto TV anymore, I can watch pretty much anything they broadcast via youtube!

It's a shame that Now TV won't allow us to install the TV Player app as it's available via the Roku app store and they allow streaming of free to air channels available here in the UK.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Will have a look when I’m back home

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can’t see any BBC, ITV, C4 channels in the Pluto app. Am I missing something?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi with the Pluto app can you pause and rewind??

only reason I got NOW TV was to pause and rewind live tv and you can’t even bloody watch normal tv channels!!! 
What a joke 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The "normal" channels will be found on their appropiate apps such as iPlayer, ITV hub, All4 and My5.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes but can’t pause and rewind them
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You can pause, rewind or watch from start on iPlayer

You can pause on ITV Hub

You have "restart program" as option on All4 as well as pause

My5 you can't do either

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008  @Anonymous User 

Hey Gavs

I think Liv is talking about that box that Now TV used to make with Freeview built in, the thing is they don't make it anymore, and not for over a year at least.

Sorry Liv, you're looking for a product that no longer exist.

UK Bob

noeyedeer
Scholar 2

Never even knew pluto tv existed. Just had a look and it's not quite as terrible as i thought it would be. Some movies i haven't seen, bit of abbott & costello, laurel & harry. I notice that the almost mythical "new" professionals is on there. It allegedly aired on Sky in 1999, but i was unconvinced it really existed. But here it is, in all it's glory. Pretty sure it was a load of old rubbish, but now i can confirm it's actual existence!