cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_Weinreb
Advocate 4

Re: - no free view channels showing on Now TV

Out of further interest, I also loaded the PlutoTV app onto my Roku Streaming Stick+. Same result as on my NowTV stick - channels 110-141 only. No Freeview channels. Pity, it might have been a useful app for use in rooms with no tv aerial. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
schnapps Legend 3
Legend 3

Just to clarify that the Pluto App only picks up the 15 number or so over the air Freeview channels in it's TV Guide with the generation one Now TV Freeview smart box only where it takes the info off the box inbuilt TV tuner.

All other Now TV branded devices will not show the over the air TV channels in the Pluto App TV Guide channels 1 to 15.

Thought it was important to clear this up here on this thread.

PaulNormanUK
Contributor 1

Pluto Tv doesn't have any channels, well not as we know them, They simply stream an entire program series over and over and over and asign a channel number to each program. An example...

Channel 123 "Forensic Files", It just streams nothing but the program series Forensic files. Pluto TV buffers for me a lot too. I have 220mb download via Virgin Media broadband and experience no buffering with any of the other apps available via the app store or Now TV. FYI, I don't bother with Pluto TV anymore, I can watch pretty much anything they broadcast via youtube!

It's a shame that Now TV won't allow us to install the TV Player app as it's available via the Roku app store and they allow streaming of free to air channels available here in the UK.

0 Thanks
Timmy0
First Poster

I can’t see any BBC, ITV, C4 channels in the Pluto app. Am I missing something?

0 Thanks