cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

last software update my now tvbox is running slow and freezing

since last software update my box is running slow and freezing (guide takes ages to appear when changing channel). streaming channels are intermittently going blockie and poor quality.

This has not happen previously.

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried rebooting both your router and nowtv box to see if that makes any difference ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've rebooted the box and the router several times but it has made little difference.

The most frustrating thing is if you swap from now tv to the free view guide it can some time take 3-4mins for the guide to load and sometimes it doesn't load at all unless to back in to now tv and back to the guide again.

I've made sure i have the latest update, and left the box powered down over night but no luck.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Assuming you have a good wifi or Ethernet connection to the smart box, the only other thing i would suggest is a full factory reset.

If you go into the box menu settings under systems, advanced system settings where you should find an option to factory reset your box and then setup the box from scratch again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I think that may be my only option if the problem persists
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem on entertainment, movies and sports. 

Spent hours on the online chat with no help. I keep asking if nowtv are aware of this issue and they just say my stick is faulty even though it happened on the nowtv box so bought a stick. 

I'm going to make a complaint and ask for a full refund of the last 2 months. Only got sports for the husband to watch F1 and he can't even do that.