cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

contract for broadband and now tv

Can I purchase now broadband and tv on behalf of my mum?  She doesn't currently have broadband and i'd like to buy it her for Christmas.  She has a phone socket but she has no landline, can she still have now broadband?  She isn't a BT customer, I dont even know if the line still works.  How would I find out if it does work if this is needed to purchase broadband?  Also, can the box be delivered to my address but then my mum obviously take it to her address to install?  An engineer does not need to come and install it do they?

Sorry for all the questions.  I just need to be sure this is doable before I commit to the contract!

Thanks in advance

Becky

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I ordered NowTV Broadband for my elderly Dad and used his bank card details when setting up his NowTV Broadband Account.

One word of caution if you need to contact NowTV Broadband Team then your Mother needs to do it or your Mother needs to be present during the telephone conversation should you set the NowTV Broadband in your Mother's name (every time i have phoned NowTV on my Dad's behalf they needed to ask his permission for me to talk to NowTV, so my Dad was in the same room whenever i had to contact NowTV, which was normally renegotiating a new 12 month contract every year).

You don't have to be a BT customer to use NowTV Broadband, but need a working landline and telephone socket.

When you start the order on the NowTV website it will identify if you need a BT Openreach Engineers visit or can be a self install by just plugging in the supplied NowTV Hub Router.

Though it sounds like your Mother may need an Engineers visit.

Normally a straight forward NowTV Broadband live activation is 14 days, though if an Engineer is required it will take longer where you are given dates during the online order process.

From memory you can arrange for the NowTV Router to be delivered to an alternative address.

For the official answers to your questions you will be better off dropping NowTV an email (use the email address on this screen shot below).

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

Or give them a phone call using this number below.

youdoodle-2020-07-15T19-24-46Z.jpg