cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Youtube app - cannot navigate before it crashes out....

Not sure if its just the Smart Box that affected, but since the Youtube was updated, I am finding that going through the menu, is sluggish...

then after a short while, find that the screen 'freezes', and you cannot navigate or play any other content...

Pressing Home on the remote , allows you to go back into the app, but if the item you wish to view isn't on the top few rows, then you cannot view.

(you can if you do a search)

81 REPLIES 81
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

wrote:

Hi @Tony-D

Been playing with the YouTube App on my smart box and so far no lock ups on the App today, where previously the App would freeze in seconds when quickly scrolling down the UI homepage Smiley Happy

I will reserve judgement on the above, until I have spent more time using the App.

Will report back If I get any further crashing on the Youtube App.

Hi @Tony-D

Arggggh the YouTube App as just locked up again Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

wrote:

wrote:

Hi @Tony-D

Been playing with the YouTube App on my smart box and so far no lock ups on the App today, where previously the App would freeze in seconds when quickly scrolling down the UI homepage Smiley Happy

I will reserve judgement on the above, until I have spent more time using the App.

Will report back If I get any further crashing on the Youtube App.

Hi @Tony-D

Arggggh the YouTube App as just locked up again Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad

@schnapps @Anonymous User @Andy Can you guys provide serial numbers for the your box as i've been asked to gather details on behalf of Roku/NOW TV. Also, can any kind soul test the casting from phone option as i couldn't do it today and didn't have the time to try a basic reset. Thanks guys, we're finally getting somewhere. @Anonymous User

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Tony-D Dropped you a PM with serial number.

Just checked and casting from YouTube on phone to box still working fine, which isn't surprising as it seems to be scrolling around the interface which is causing the issue, playback itself is fine for me.

Doesn't seem to be consistently replicable, eg scrolling around is fine for me at the mo. Anyway, good luck, over to you! 😇

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

wrote:

@Tony-D Dropped you a PM with serial number.

Just checked and casting from YouTube on phone to box still working fine, which isn't surprising as it seems to be scrolling around the interface which is causing the issue, playback itself is fine for me.

Doesn't seem to be consistently replicable, eg scrolling around is fine for me at the mo. Anyway, good luck, over to you! 😇

Thanks so much for the quick reply and serial number @Andy Yep, its very weird. It was actually the guys over at Roku who had to confrim the issue as it was so inconsistent on our end. Cheers 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

2019 update

The only way around Using YouTube on the old NowTV boxes, from as far as I can tell, is to use your mobile phone's YouTube app to control the content on your smart box.

1: Open the YouTube app on your smartphone

2: Press the cast icon in the upper right corner

3: Select your smart box eg RokuLT...

4: Use your smart phone to select videos on       YouTube to play on your smart box

If you use your smartphone the box barely crashes, probably once a day, if that.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Luke C

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is good but obviously you're not good enough

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Getting a bit fed up with the YouTube problem now when is it going to get sorted as working fine on the now tv black box it's ridiculous
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Youtube still crashing when will this be sorted out ?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi did this ever get resolved? as i am also having the same issues regards kev

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Nope Smiley Mad

Still waiting for NowTV and the Roku Tech Bods to sort it out.