cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Youtube app - cannot navigate before it crashes out....

Not sure if its just the Smart Box that affected, but since the Youtube was updated, I am finding that going through the menu, is sluggish...

then after a short while, find that the screen 'freezes', and you cannot navigate or play any other content...

Pressing Home on the remote , allows you to go back into the app, but if the item you wish to view isn't on the top few rows, then you cannot view.

(you can if you do a search)

81 REPLIES 81
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks @Tony-D, the update is great, although nothing to report, its good to know its not been forgotten Smiley Happy

I know the feeling of being left in the dark haha. Speak tomorrow @Anonymous User 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Guys!

This YouTube problem on the Smart Box only seems to affect people who are 'blessed' with a high speed broadband connection.

I am using a Smart Box, and it works perfectly on YouTube ... and always has done.  I watched a variety of YouTube videos for a couple of hours last night, and also for a while this morning, and it has worked flawlessly.

I think the significant factor is that my broadband speed is a mere 11 Mbps ADSL2+ from PlusNet.  There is *no* fibre broadband available in my area, so I couldn't have it even if I wanted it.

Therefore I can't get 4K  (Ultra HD), but my 11 Meg is perfectly OK for HD videos.

My Smart Box is a fairly old one.

Model 4500SK

Serial No YX009S459935

Software Ver. 8.0.3.build 4181-16

Last checked May 11 2018

Last updated Mar 27 2018

Connected to my router by ethernet cable.

Furthermore, I have *never* had any trouble with the live stream of the GOLD channel.  It has always worked perfectly!

So perhaps high-speed broadband is not all it's cracked up to be, and maybe I'm lucky to be stuck in the dark ages with 11 Mbps.

🙂

Wlat