cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Youtube app - cannot navigate before it crashes out....

Not sure if its just the Smart Box that affected, but since the Youtube was updated, I am finding that going through the menu, is sluggish...

then after a short while, find that the screen 'freezes', and you cannot navigate or play any other content...

Pressing Home on the remote , allows you to go back into the app, but if the item you wish to view isn't on the top few rows, then you cannot view.

(you can if you do a search)

81 REPLIES 81
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Well my 4200SK non-smart box updated last night to the new version of YouTube and thankfully it still works.  Its the new look interface, but it still has the same number of thumbnails across the top as the old one so I am please about that.  The version number is ea86ea7b.

Anyone know @Tony-D if the Smart box has been updated to get this working version, or is it pure luck that it works on the non-smart box?

I'll check the smart box when i'm home tonight @Anonymous User Hopefully have some good news lol. No luck involved 🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Tony-D

The smart box is still not working properly on the YouTube App (just tried a software up date) where the YouTube App is showing version 1.0 build 70500252 under the My Apps page and App version 23d8c2fc when you go into the YouTube App settings page.

I find the 4K filmed video footage more problematic than 1080p.

WIN_20180412_15_52_47_Pro.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Issues started a while back and now the app is unusable on my Now TV 4500SK smart box running software version 8.0.3 build 4181. When selecting or finishing a video listed with a 4K res the screen goes black & the box & app completely crash.   

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just keeping this topic alive as there's still a lot of problems with the youtube app constantly crashing and rebooting the system.

Probably pointless though as no-one at Now TV seems to be looking into it tbh.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

cant believe this issue is still not fixed. Green screen of death. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My NowTV box will not even load YouTube! I tried deleting and reloading.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is pretty bad service from NowTV, I thought they would at least give us an update even if they have not got a fix yet.

Maybe the service will improve is Disney buys out Sky!

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Looking for an update on this today guys. Tested it myself while i was off and still had problems so hopefully i get word back today.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Tony-D wrote:

Looking for an update on this today guys. Tested it myself while i was off and still had problems so hopefully i get word back today.

@Anonymous User No update tonight i'm afraid but the guys i have been corresponding to is off today and will be back in tomorrow. Sorry @Anonymous User i tried my best to get the update.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Tony-D, the update is great, although nothing to report, its good to know its not been forgotten Smiley Happy