cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Youtube app - cannot navigate before it crashes out....

Not sure if its just the Smart Box that affected, but since the Youtube was updated, I am finding that going through the menu, is sluggish...

then after a short while, find that the screen 'freezes', and you cannot navigate or play any other content...

Pressing Home on the remote , allows you to go back into the app, but if the item you wish to view isn't on the top few rows, then you cannot view.

(you can if you do a search)

81 REPLIES 81
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Four months since faults reported, and no solution !

"Seems like it 's the Roku software causing this" is what has been said by Now TV !

nothing like passing the blame....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What is going to be done about this fault. I understand they are trying the YouTube app and saying it somthing to do with the software but what been or being put in place to fix it? Has the problem been passed on? An estimated time to fix the issue?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

For the first time this year, the app has worked without any problems.

No box update or app update has been received/applied !

Tested a few of the video clips that wouldn't play correctly or crashed and they all played fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Interesting... I will have to try when I get home.

This would be typical if it has been sorted as I have ordered a new non-smart box which arrives this week Smiley Mad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jut tried mine and its just the same so feel glad I have ordered the basic box, hopefully it will work like my Parents box did! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My standard NowTV box came today, just the bare box no power, remote etc and I am pleased to say its working a treat!

I thought my Smart power adapter would fit, but found out the plug is too large, luckily I had an apapter laying around that fits.  I may still order an official one though for the sake of £3.95

The YouTube App is the version before the one that got updated on the Smart box, so it has 3 thumbnails across now instead of 2 which the newer version has.  I am hoping that they don't update this version for the non smart box, otherwise I will be back where I started.

I think its £6 well spent Smiley LOL but I obviosuley still hope they sort out the Smart box though, whether its a ROKU update or YouTube.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having problems with the smart box and using YouTube too. It used to work without any crashes on the older app versions but for a couple of weeks it has been terrible. Sometimes i can play a video and then I'll go to watch another and I'll either get a black screen or a green static type one. The only way out of it seems to be to hold the home button for a few seconds and let go. The box then restarts but trying the same video again always causes the same issue.

Please can this be fixed as a matter of urgency, even if it means reverting back to the old app version until the current one gets fixed?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally with you on this. Needs to be sorted. It's gone on for too long. Beyond annoyed.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any update on this?

I know I have gotten around the issue by buying the standard black box, but I would still like this fixed so I can use what I have paid for, otherwise its just a big useless ornament!

The standard box is OK, but its much slower than the smart box, but at least it doesnt have the annoying fan.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well my 4200SK non-smart box updated last night to the new version of YouTube and thankfully it still works.  Its the new look interface, but it still has the same number of thumbnails across the top as the old one so I am please about that.  The version number is ea86ea7b.

Anyone know @Tony-D if the Smart box has been updated to get this working version, or is it pure luck that it works on the non-smart box?