cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Youtube app - cannot navigate before it crashes out....

Not sure if its just the Smart Box that affected, but since the Youtube was updated, I am finding that going through the menu, is sluggish...

then after a short while, find that the screen 'freezes', and you cannot navigate or play any other content...

Pressing Home on the remote , allows you to go back into the app, but if the item you wish to view isn't on the top few rows, then you cannot view.

(you can if you do a search)

81 REPLIES 81
Anonymous User
Not applicable

That is the same version number I am on with the freezing and blank screen it seems to be random videos
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Same version as on the stick, not noticed any issues on there. Strange it only seems to be the smart box having problems with it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

having the same issue for a week now. Can this not be fixed? my child needs to watch bounce patrol. Help!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My App version is now 47fe3143 and is virtually unusable!!! Have done a factory reset just in case and it’s still the same.

It seems to play even fewer videos than before now with seemingly no pattern.

I have tried throwing videos from the YouTube App on my iPhone and it does exactly the same.

Please can this be sorted as YouTube is the only reason I bought the NowTV box as the App on my TV disappeared!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any update on this? The YouTube app is practically unusable. Constant crashes, freezes, glitches.
Is there a way to roll back to the old app?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was just about to post again about this

@Tony-D Would you like some links that 100% fail when I try to play them?  The only pattern I can work out is that any videos now from two people I subscribe to cause my box to crash every single time.  I ahve tried numerous factory resets and the problem still persists.

Does this also effect he standard black NOW TV box, if not I will have to go and buy one as it doesnt look as though this problem is going to get fixed anytime soon?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D Can anyone confirm whether this issue applies to the non-smart box as well?  If it doesnt I will go and buy one as the smart box I have is useless to me without YouTube, the sole reason I bought the box in the first place!

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I was just about to post again about this

@Tony-D Would you like some links that 100% fail when I try to play them?  The only pattern I can work out is that any videos now from two people I subscribe to cause my box to crash every single time.  I ahve tried numerous factory resets and the problem still persists.

Does this also effect he standard black NOW TV box, if not I will have to go and buy one as it doesnt look as though this problem is going to get fixed anytime soon?

@Anonymous User Not going to lie, it affected my Standard Black Box in the house and the SMart Box here in the office. Seems like it 's the Roku software causing this. I have a specific video that causes this too. Its the Unbox Therapy video for the Razer Phone. Could be all his videos but i've only got as far as testing that one video on my box at the house.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried the same videos that crash my smart box on my parents standard box and they play perfectly. It seems their box hasn’t got the new version of the YouTube App so maybe that’s why they work asi didn’t have any issues whatsoever until they made the changes to the App.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

After videos crash the app it then crashes somewhat constantly when playing any video. I do an app reset from the bottom left corner of the youtube app settings icon. It then at least plays most videos.

The video titles and time codes are all jumbled though and video overlays causes severe glitching.

Then it's a bit of a lottery if I hit a crashy video.

I've had a few devices over the years where Google have pushed out new apps that didn't work as they seemingly didn't test them on devices outside their ecosystem. Roku owners still have problems after over a year 😕