cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Youtube app - cannot navigate before it crashes out....

Not sure if its just the Smart Box that affected, but since the Youtube was updated, I am finding that going through the menu, is sluggish...

then after a short while, find that the screen 'freezes', and you cannot navigate or play any other content...

Pressing Home on the remote , allows you to go back into the app, but if the item you wish to view isn't on the top few rows, then you cannot view.

(you can if you do a search)

81 REPLIES 81
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why don't they just roll back the app to the version that it was working, whilst they investigate the problem !

mark_suff
Expert

I agree they need to roll back app until problem is fixed, it's been almost a month now and it's still constantly crashing, even tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times. Please get this sorted.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

still have the problems..

on my other Smart TV box, video stops before the end 

Annoying...

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Tony-D

The Youtube App on my nowtv smart box seems to be getting worse, where previously the App would lock up & freeze (which has be noted on here) and we are still awaiting a software patch fix from Roku / NowTV Tech Team.

Now i have noticed on my smart box, when i play video content from YouTube (not all the time mind) the TV screen will go blank and the smart box will reboot it's self with the NowTV start up full screen logo Smiley Mad.

All my other Apps that I have tried so far seem to be fine and the smart box appears to remain stable.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Finally deleted the app from my box.  Shame really but at least I can still get it via my TVs built in apps.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @Tony-D

The Youtube App on my nowtv smart box seems to be getting worse, where previously the App would lock up & freeze (which has be noted on here) and we are still awaiting a software patch fix from Roku / NowTV Tech Team.

Now i have noticed on my smart box, when i play video content from YouTube (not all the time mind) the TV screen will go blank and the smart box will reboot it's self with the NowTV start up full screen logo Smiley Mad.

All my other Apps that I have tried so far seem to be fine and the smart box appears to remain stable.

@schnapps Don't worry, i've had the same issues too. I was trying desperately to watch an unboxing video for my new phone yesterday and it would crash upon clicking on it. I'll report this to the team today as YouTube should really be running nicely. Possibly it was the latest update to YouTube doing this as the PS4 App, Huawei Smart Tv App and even playing through the borwser got updated. Thanks for confirming the same issue i had.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had this same problem, i load youtube and the videos on the home screen flicker and when i try playing one it crashes my box. 

But i can navigate through the menu no problem.

Everything else work's perfect on the box and i'm with Now tv broadband.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

come on now tv get this sorted has been over a month now and it is getting worse 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Smart box has now started crashing since it updated over the weekend.

I hate the new interface as its only shows 3 thumbnails across now and it seems I have to do a lot of navigating to get to my Watch List etc.

It seems to play most videos OK, but on some it plays a few seconds, then I get half a flickering green screen, sound continues, then the box crashes.  Only cure seems to be unplug and start again.  Also the suggested videos along the bottom flicker when you have the timeline up.

I hope this is fixed soon as I live on YouTube!

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

My Smart box has now started crashing since it updated over the weekend.

I hate the new interface as its only shows 3 thumbnails across now and it seems I have to do a lot of navigating to get to my Watch List etc.

It seems to play most videos OK, but on some it plays a few seconds, then I get half a flickering green screen, sound continues, then the box crashes.  Only cure seems to be unplug and start again.  Also the suggested videos along the bottom flicker when you have the timeline up.

I hope this is fixed soon as I live on YouTube!

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @schnapps Is it any kind of video specifically (Resolution, Length, etc) or is it any video at all? How many of you had screen locking while scrolling? Is your YouTube interface different than it was say a few weeks agao? (I know that the YouTube layout has changed on a number of my devices at home)