cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Youtube app - cannot navigate before it crashes out....

wrote:

Hi @Tony-D

Been playing with the YouTube App on my smart box and so far no lock ups on the App today, where previously the App would freeze in seconds when quickly scrolling down the UI homepage Smiley Happy

I will reserve judgement on the above, until I have spent more time using the App.

Will report back If I get any further crashing on the Youtube App.

Hi @Tony-D

Arggggh the YouTube App as just locked up again Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad

0 Thanks
NOW TV Team Tony-D
NOW TV Team

wrote:

wrote:

Hi @Tony-D

Been playing with the YouTube App on my smart box and so far no lock ups on the App today, where previously the App would freeze in seconds when quickly scrolling down the UI homepage Smiley Happy

I will reserve judgement on the above, until I have spent more time using the App.

Will report back If I get any further crashing on the Youtube App.

Hi @Tony-D

Arggggh the YouTube App as just locked up again Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad

@schnapps @shawny @Andy Can you guys provide serial numbers for the your box as i've been asked to gather details on behalf of Roku/NOW TV. Also, can any kind soul test the casting from phone option as i couldn't do it today and didn't have the time to try a basic reset. Thanks guys, we're finally getting somewhere. @SierraYankee99

0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Tony-D Dropped you a PM with serial number.

Just checked and casting from YouTube on phone to box still working fine, which isn't surprising as it seems to be scrolling around the interface which is causing the issue, playback itself is fine for me.

Doesn't seem to be consistently replicable, eg scrolling around is fine for me at the mo. Anyway, good luck, over to you! 😇

0 Thanks
NOW TV Team Tony-D
NOW TV Team

wrote:

@Tony-D Dropped you a PM with serial number.

Just checked and casting from YouTube on phone to box still working fine, which isn't surprising as it seems to be scrolling around the interface which is causing the issue, playback itself is fine for me.

Doesn't seem to be consistently replicable, eg scrolling around is fine for me at the mo. Anyway, good luck, over to you! 😇

Thanks so much for the quick reply and serial number @Andy Yep, its very weird. It was actually the guys over at Roku who had to confrim the issue as it was so inconsistent on our end. Cheers 🙂

barry25
Advocate

Getting a bit fed up with the YouTube problem now when is it going to get sorted as working fine on the now tv black box it's ridiculous
0 Thanks
barry25
Advocate

Youtube still crashing when will this be sorted out ?
0 Thanks
kevyvette
Advocate

Hi did this ever get resolved? as i am also having the same issues regards kev

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @kevyvette

Nope Smiley Mad

Still waiting for NowTV and the Roku Tech Bods to sort it out.

0 Thanks
shawny
Expert 2

why don't they just roll back the app to the version that it was working, whilst they investigate the problem !

Highlighted
mark_suff
Expert

I agree they need to roll back app until problem is fixed, it's been almost a month now and it's still constantly crashing, even tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times. Please get this sorted.
0 Thanks