cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Would the Smart box help?

Really interested in any views.

have a black now tv box which works great, most if the time. I have fibre broadband 23gb most of the time but occasionally the router will reboot which takes around 45 seconds and have to reboot the now to box and start the film from the beginning.

Given that I can't fix the broadband random reboots,  would the smart tv box help in dealing with the random re boots? Maybe buffer more of the film?

many thanks,

mike

3 REPLIES 3
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Provided you 'black' box is receiving a good quality wi-fi signal from your router you should not be encountering much in the way of buffering. Have you selected your routers 2.4GHz or 5GHz frequency band/channel option?

Cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You need to investigate and find out why your Router keeps rebooting on its own accord, changing your existing nowtv std black box to the new smart box will have no effect on the reason why your Router keeps unavoidably rebooting.

I am guessing not only your nowtv box, but other internet connected devices you own would also be effected by this issue on your router ?

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps @SeeMoreDigital

Hi A GQ

I agree with Schnapps, changing from a Now TV Black Box to a Smart Box will not offer any protection against restarting a lost film due to a random router reboot.

Your best bet is to contact your ISP, tell them your router has developed a fault and ask for a replacement, this should cure your "random rebooting" problem. If not, then there is a fault on the line and, again, this is something your ISP should look into and ultimately fix.

You know something GQ, you should not be looking to spend (and waste) money on something that is beyond your control to help or fix. After all, you are paying a monthly subscriptions to your ISP and a portion of that fee goes towards maintenance and repair.  

Time for them to start earning the "repair" portion.

UK Bob