cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wont connect to iphone witeless network

Myself and boyfriend have nowtv sticks which we use through our iphones (due to the internet being slow so donr have it at hime)as we have unlimited data and good 4g signal.everything was fine for the first 6 weeks but now neither of us can connect to our iphones and keep getting error code 014.40 we have both reset to factory again it then picks up our iphone wireless but wont connect!!! Why?? Help!

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Try this (even though it says White box):-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/error-code-014-now-tv-box

or this (even though it says Roku) :-

https://support.roku.com/en-gb/article/208755728-what-should-i-do-if-i-cannot-connect-to-my-home-network-or-the-internet-

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have this problem and have tried all the usual things suggested. I can only assume there is a problem between IOS and Android. I’ve got round it by buying a Three Mobile WiFi portable 4g router. I’m with Three, so all I do is take my sim out of my phone and put it in the router. Slight nuisance in that I have to take my sim out, but worth it, and I use my wife’s mobile hot spot if I need to use the internet etc. While my sim in use elsewhere. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thankyou for the info!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
If you’re not on Three I assume other providers do a similar thing. It cost £39.99 and came with a 1gb sim, which isn’t much use. I bought a nano sim adapter, but to be honest, it’s easier just to slide the nano sim under the metal holder to the correct position. As your not going to be moving it around or putting it in your pocket, it’s unlikely to shift position. It’s great, and has saved me pulling my hair out with the connection problems. Android to Android seems to have done the trick. I always slate my wife’s phone because she’s always had Android, the laugh is on me at the moment. 🙄