cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michael5
Advocate

Wifi connection.

Been trying for days to get a wireless cnnection for smart box, all works well with ethernet cable but cant get wireless connection.Was on the phone to them for 15mins.Last bit of advice keep trying and ring back next week.

10 REPLIES 10
Legend 5
Legend 5

@michael5 can you see your WiFi from the smart box? Also if so does your WiFi allow a choice of 2ghz or 5ghz.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
michael5
Advocate

Yes the two boxs are close together, I can get wifi connection with a old nowtv box but not with the new smart box. Where wil i find that infomtion?

Legend 5
Legend 5

@michael5  I wasn't asking how close physically the boxes were but whether when you searched for WiFi if it showed up.  If it doesn't it may be the settings on your router.  On your router there will be an address something like 192.168.0.1 plus a user name and password.  You put the address into your internet and log in. From there you should be able to see if your router is locked or open. Open means if you know the WiFi password you can log in,  Locked/Closed means only authorised devices can log in- these are authorised by their MAC codes.  If the router is open then try rebooting it.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@michael5 wrote:

...all works well with ethernet cable but cant get wireless connection....

Hi @michael5,

Personally speaking... If you are able to connect any of your media playback devices via 'wired' ethernet, you should do it 😉

Geluk
Expert 2

you'll need to change settings on your NOWTV box from wired to wireless incidentally.

On screen guide will then walk you through connection & password will need entering assuming your router has one after the box has discovered router's SSID name.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have just got a new Smart Now Box but I cannot connect to my local network 

I have tried all the scenarios mentioned .. disabling pings, turning off router etc 

I know my password is correct but just cannot connect (get a green tick for wireless but a red cross for local network 

Can you help 

thanks a million

emma

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Your post is interesting, you are the first now tv user I have read about that gets a connection with the ethernet cable! I want the ethernet cable to provide the internet to my nowtv box.  We have thick stone walls, so while wifi is OK it is a bit patchy!  I have a now tv smart box bought earlier this year 2017, which box do you have? Incidently when I take the box into the hall the wi fi is great, not practical though.  Did you do anything unusual to get the box to recognise the cable plugged in the back?  thank you for any info?? All I can offer for wi fi is the trouble shooting from the now tv web pages.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User check your router's admin page. You may need to make sure that the smart box isn't being blocked.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks I have it sorted now