cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why does a £10 sports pass in Argos or Currys cost £12.99 if bought direct from Now TV website

Why does a Now TV sports pass cost £10 if bought in Argos or Currys but if bought direct from Now TV website it costs £12.99. There are handling and processing costs involved with retailers but the Now TV transaction is electronic and made simple by customers having to set up an account with a valid payment card linked to it. 

Why is there a two tier price system for the same service. Can someone explain?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User It's just because they give a discount for buying gift cards as an incentive to pay 'upfront' before using. There's similar discounts on the movies and entertainment gift cards so they are useful if you know in advance you will use them. Gift cards for any company usually come in 'rounded' denominations of £10, £15, £25 etc so NOW TV have stuck to those prices. Since the week pass has increased from £10.99 the gift cards offer better value for money now. Exisiting customers can use them.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User It's just because they give a discount for buying gift cards as an incentive to pay 'upfront' before using. There's similar discounts on the movies and entertainment gift cards so they are useful if you know in advance you will use them. Gift cards for any company usually come in 'rounded' denominations of £10, £15, £25 etc so NOW TV have stuck to those prices. Since the week pass has increased from £10.99 the gift cards offer better value for money now. Exisiting customers can use them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Andy Leg end5

They are wonderful value and I was curious about the pricing. But I thought if I bought it from Now TV website I would also have to pay in advance. I suppose thats not the same as me buying a pass last July and only using it now.