cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Voice activated remote.

Hi, just purchased a Voice activated remote for my Now Smart Box. Can't get it to work and am now wondering if they are compatible.

Thx

Tony

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are referring to the nowtv Freeview smart box, then the voice search button or the My TV, TV Guide & Kids direct access buttons will not work with the smart voice remote controller Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thx Scnapps, it won't even turn on the Smart Box. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If it's the NowTV Freeview box with the blue nowtv logo on the top casing on the box, then the new smart voice remote will not switch on the box.

You will need to use the old infra red remote or use a WOL App on your smarphone to wake up the box from hibernation mode.

Once you have woken up the box, you can use the majority of the buttons on the newer smart remote (apart from the voice button and the three quick access buttons, where only the Sky Store Button works).

Unless you have a nowtv stick or nowtv 4k smart box you also won't be able to initially setup and programme the on/off standby and volume adjust buttons for your TV on the newer smart remote.

The smart remote is really designed and intended for use with the nowtv stick and newer 4K smart box.

Edit - Ignore most of this post, where you need a nowtv stick or nowtv 4K smart box to initially latch onto the wifi network of the box, so i don't think the smart remote will work unless you have a stick or 4K box lying around the house.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thx for the excellent reply. I queried whether it was compatible with C/care and was told it would work. The voice activation was the main attraction.
chai
Scholar 3

The voice remote only works with the 4k Smart box and stick.