cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Virgin TV to Now TV Coax Cable

Hi all,
Anybody know if it's possible to convert or get an adapter to allow a virgin TV coax cable to fit a Now TV Box?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi all,
Anybody know if it's possible to convert or get an adapter to allow a virgin TV coax cable to fit a Now TV Box?

Thanks

Yes.  The cable can be converted using an F plug/coax adapter.  Google "f plug to coax socket plug". Stick a cheap aerial on the other end to get the freeview channels.  Works well as the Virgin cable is shielded and better than standard coax.  Used it to replace my V+ box.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

It is not unreasonable to think that Freeview channels might be available streamed over the internet.

So we had no other option than to spend £150 to have a Freeview aeriel put up.

@Anonymous User They are (mostly).  On TV Player. On Amazon Fire stick.  That option would have cost less than £40.   As good as Now TV is it is not the solution in this case.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

£150 for a free view aeriel, what a rip off they put them up for £50 round here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

£150 for a free view aeriel, what a rip off they put them up for £50 round here.

Someone quoted me over £400 for one  (I live in a 2 up 2 down).  Instead I got a £10 indoor setbox aerial and used the old virgin coax cable that terminated in the eaves of the roof.  Works perfectly and I am about 10 miles from Crystal Palace with a pile of high rises in the way.  Lot cheaper than the £7/month virgin had me paying for a second box.    And it is superior to the old roof aerial that needs a signal boost to get the HD channels (the reason I considered the change)