cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Virgin TV to Now TV Coax Cable

Hi all,
Anybody know if it's possible to convert or get an adapter to allow a virgin TV coax cable to fit a Now TV Box?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi all,
Anybody know if it's possible to convert or get an adapter to allow a virgin TV coax cable to fit a Now TV Box?

Thanks

Yes.  The cable can be converted using an F plug/coax adapter.  Google "f plug to coax socket plug". Stick a cheap aerial on the other end to get the freeview channels.  Works well as the Virgin cable is shielded and better than standard coax.  Used it to replace my V+ box.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks

No they are different systems 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User,

The NOW TV 'smart' box incorporates a 'Freeview' DVB-T/T2 tuner. The Virgin Media platform uses a DVB-C/C2 tuner along with encryption. The two platforms are not compatible...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks

Yes.  The cable can be converted using an F plug/coax adapter.  Google "f plug to coax socket plug". Stick a cheap aerial on the other end to get the freeview channels.  Works well as the Virgin cable is shielded and better than standard coax.  Used it to replace my V+ box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thankyou! Really helpful.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Thankyou! Really helpful.

It wont work if the coaxial cable is still connected to the Virgin supply (ie: their box on the road). The 'smart' box requires a television aerial...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital Cable is not directly connected to outside box. There is an isolator normally just where the cable enters the home. An aerial can be fitted at that end and the other end to a TV or now TV box. Question was about converting the cable not getting a signal out of virgin.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Question was about converting the cable not getting a signal out of virgin.

It's not clear to me that that's what @Anonymous User wants to do. It sounds to me that he wants a buy an 'F-plug-to-RF adaptor', such as this: -

...and use the existing coaxial cable 'as is'. There was no mention of using the existing cable and connecting an regular (DVB-T/T2) TV aerial to it!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi NOW TV people,

Recently decided to leave Virgin because I saw your website that clearly states:

- Watch over 60 freeview channels plus 12 HD channels

-Super simple setup, just connect to broadband and start watching

This is not the case. You need to connect a coaxial cable from an antenna. But you dont find  that out until you open the packaging.

My Virgin runs out tomorrow and i found out that my coaxial does not work, despite having a lead that appears* to go to an antenna on the roof

*I live in a tall town house and the only way someone can get on the roof is with scaffolding.

What do i do? You have misled me.

Not a happy bunny.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Recently decided to leave Virgin because I saw your website that clearly states:

- Watch over 60 freeview channels plus 12 HD channels

-Super simple setup, just connect to broadband and start watching

Hi @Anonymous User,

Where exactly did you see this website. Please provide a link?

By-the-way... The Freeview digital TV platform is only available via a TV aerial 😉