cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lynda207
Advocate

Using now and a separate smart box

I am buying a panasonic smart box for my living room and want to know if a now box would work in another room. I live  in a flat that has a communal areial (digital) we also have a connection to a sky dish that only has a single feed . I would appreciate any advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lynda207

The smart box will work in another room.

To use the Freeview channels you would need to connect a TV aerial to the back of the smart box, if you cannot use an aerial or Portable aerial for any reason you can still use all the other functions from the smart box via the internet by means of either connecting the box over WiFi or Ethernet including the NowTV services.

You can have up to 4 nowtv devices with 2 simultaneous streams off one nowtv account.

A Sky Dish will not be compatible with the smart box unfortunately. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lynda207

The smart box will work in another room.

To use the Freeview channels you would need to connect a TV aerial to the back of the smart box, if you cannot use an aerial or Portable aerial for any reason you can still use all the other functions from the smart box via the internet by means of either connecting the box over WiFi or Ethernet including the NowTV services.

You can have up to 4 nowtv devices with 2 simultaneous streams off one nowtv account.

A Sky Dish will not be compatible with the smart box unfortunately.