cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update to enable freeview data services

Will we be getting an update to activate freeview data services? The likes of boxnation etc are not available
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I very much doubt it.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User services are dependent on what you can receive via the local transmitter. Try returning. If on internal try moving to get more channels
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its a data channel that i think is blocked by the box. Not all freeview boxes accept the data chennels
BicBasher
Elite

While I have the Smart Box, I still have to use my LG TV tuner for the connected Freeview channels, such as Box Nation.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Needs sorted really. Otherwise its not much of a smart box
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would have definitely bought the new box if it had Freeview via internet, but since I need to buy and aerial for it I have been put off. Hopefully this is something they could do in future for those without aerials.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'd imagine it's highly unlikely that we'll ever see these services (currently found in the 200's on Freeview) activated on the Smart box.

This would be because they can potentially be subscription based competitor services - just like Netflix and Amazon prime, which Sky also don't allow on any NowTV box.