cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unknown page error on my smart box

I have been using a nowtv smart box for just over a week on a Samsung Smart TV using my wifi.  I have replaced a 4 year old regular nowtv box.  I use it primarily for Sky Sports.  I'm continually losing transmission and getting "Unknown page error, check connection etc" every two to three hours or more sometimes. I press OK and get straight back to the home page and restart sky sports. I've been through all the error stuff on nowtv and it doesn't even mention this error.  I keep checking my internet/wifi connection and it is excellent.

Any ideas or should I get my box replaced?  

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I use a Smart Stick ... and BT Broadband.  Up until the upgrade in August, everything was stable. I'm now getting constant errors in the menu system as described, programs crashing every half hour.

First time I've ever had a problem.. 1st time on here too. Been trying to find a way to contact NowTV unsuccessfully  ... so far

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have had same now tv sticks got same unknowen page error from last saturday.

now tv are sending me new stick ,i think its a bug in new ui  software.

hope it gets a fix soon every 15 min up to 1 hour play ,when you press back key you end up in apps page

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

this is still occuring almost hourly on multiple channels and I am now getting further issues where the when I try to go to my TV guide the bos either resets or goes to APP.

this is very frustrating and has only been happening since the update last month.

Has anyone had any word from Sky on a resolution?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

now tv are slow they are sending me out new stick its not stick or my tv its the new ui software update has a bug 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It just happened again and I’ve even gone to the trouble of hard wiring my now tv box to my hub with a lan cable Incase it was wifi related. 
clearly it’s not and 100%  a now tv network or firmware error.  It is unacceptable that they haven’t fixed it yet - it’s ruining my sports viewing and entertainment.

If they don’t fix it soon I will be cancelling my subscriptions.

Sort it out NOW guys!!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Add another one to the list, mine's been doing it for a week or so and I thought it maybe Wifi related so I've bought a pair of power line ethernet adapters and bam! Still getting the error. Definitely started after it updated but it seems to be doing it more now than straight after the update, or maybe I'm just using it more now. Needs to be fixed soon or it may make me switch to BT Sport (probably not but it is annoying) 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am so annoyed and frustrated at these problems since the upgrade in August, I am seriously considering cancelling ALL BUT ONE of my subscriptions until Sky sort this out.

My reasoning is that this will still allow me access to my Apps.   I like watching F1 racing on Sports but Channel 4 do great highlights programs.

Maybe if we all do this, then Sky will sit up and do something about it ... hit them in their pocket!!

If Sky bother to read this and want to respond, they have my email address ... and phone number. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having this same problem. Seems people with now TV sticks are also experiencing this issue.

Happens for me either on the hour or 15min intervals.

Got it today at the following times 3pm 3:45

8:15pm when watching live sports football channel 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

now tv sent me new now tv stick and iam still getting unknown page error this is 3weeks.

i dont no if now tv are looking into this live chat not much help 

lenturn
Scholar 2

Same error on my Now TV 4k box with the crappy new software! 😡

The Smart box with Freeview that still has the old 'better' software seems unaffected by this issue.