cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unknown page error on my smart box

I have been using a nowtv smart box for just over a week on a Samsung Smart TV using my wifi.  I have replaced a 4 year old regular nowtv box.  I use it primarily for Sky Sports.  I'm continually losing transmission and getting "Unknown page error, check connection etc" every two to three hours or more sometimes. I press OK and get straight back to the home page and restart sky sports. I've been through all the error stuff on nowtv and it doesn't even mention this error.  I keep checking my internet/wifi connection and it is excellent.

Any ideas or should I get my box replaced?  

19 REPLIES 19
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am getting the same exact message when watching Sky Sports on my NowTV 4K Smart Box over Ethernet on NowTV Fab Fibre.

Don't think your new NowTV Smart is the problem, where there is something else going on.

I have tagged a NowTV Staff Member about the problem.

Does your old NowTV box exhibits the same error message when watching Sky Sports ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

old box worked fine.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I been seeing the message on my Smart NowTV box since Friday.

I don't know if i have been lucky today, but so far i haven't seen the message pop up on my TV screen during watching the Sports channels when using my NowTV 4K box.

So i don't know if it's been resolved or NowTV have done something their end or it's a coincidence.

Or the error is potentially waiting there in the background and i need to keep watching some further sports through the course of today or this week for the error message to reappear once more.

I suppose time will tell.

Perhaps you should try your new NowTV Smart box again to see if you can trigger the error message.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Correction to my last on old box.  When I reconnected it, it would randomly stop showing sports and go back to home page with no error page displayed.  I have since reconnected  my Smart  box but still with the same unknown page errror problem.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Same thing happening with me 😠.

I have been in contact with one of the NowTV Forum Manager's who has direct contact with the NowTV Technical Dept Team and they are aware of the problem (plus other issues) and are in the process of trying to fixing it.

Not sure the time frame involved.

Robant2020
Advocate

Yep I’m getting same issue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same Issue and this time I missed the start of the F1 as it cut out at lights out - really not acceptable and I think it’s a firmware issue as there was an upgrade this month. Sort it out Guys!!! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am getting the same error on my NOW TV box, it happened 3 times today during the F1 race !!

There must be a reason, come on Sky you are taking our money but not giving us a solution?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also getting "Unknown Page Error" - on two different 4K Smart Boxes (one wi-fi, one Cat cable).

Been happening since at least Saturday 29 Aug.

Also home page takes an age to load, even after I've been watching a program.

Finally! A few instances of pushing the "Right" nav-button and the screen goes to the App page.

This is not a good update...