cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to connect to internet (now tv smart box and Virgin)

Hi All, 

So initially i had the 014 error, and followed the forum steps to disable pings. That didnt work.

I then followed more guides to set up guest wifi on the virgin router and when i connect to the new network i now get error code 009. It will connect to wifi and local network, but not internet.

The devices are fairly close together (as much as possible) and with no obstacles.

I have factory reset several times, also tried the router channel settings to AUTO and it doesnt work.

I wasted about 4 hours on this already including live chat with Now TV and an hour with virgin on the phone!

What am i missing here, please help if you have any ideas!

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  Please try turning off your router at the mains for 30s or so and also do a factory rest on NOW TV box.  This has solved error 09 problems in the past.

Hope this helps

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, but it didnt work.

Still getting error code 009.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

It it practically possible in your home to run an Ethernet cable between the router and nowtv smart box ?

If so, have you tried your nowtv box over Ethernet instead of WiFi ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, i tried it and it does not pick up that a cable is inserted?

BicBasher
Elite

@Anonymous User Try the tips on this page which should work on the Smart Box, this solved issues with Virgin customers with NOW TV boxes.

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-white/Additional-settings-for-Virgin-Media-Superhub/td-p/144330

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Yes, i tried it and it does not pick up that a cable is inserted?

It won't you have to tell it you are using a wired connection.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, i tried via the set up a wired network method after connecting the cable and got 002 error - it did not recognise it was connected

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Just double checking when you go into the nowtv smart box menu settings, then select network, then select wired (Ethernet) then select update connection it fails with a red tick on screen when doing a self test ?

I am also guessing you have tried disconnecting the Ethernet cable, tried a different Ethernet port on your router etc ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

UPDATE

So i had an idea to connect it using my mobile hotspot on the phone, i did this and it connected to my phones internet, i set up the box and the freeview channels etc.

So i then tried to set up a new wirless connection, but it doesnt connect still so theres definately something to do with the virgin router.

At least now i can watch freeview without internet, but obviously i cant use my mobile hotspot for now tv..

Also did a software update while connected to the phone, but this didnt help.