cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to connect to Talk Talk Fibre wifi

Hi

I have a TalkTalk D-Link DSL-3782 router & am on their up to 76Mbps fibre.  It's broadcasting both 5GHz & 2.4GHz wireless frequencies, but will not connect to either, although it recognises both.

I have tried disabling network pings, unplugged & restarted router and unplugged & restarted NOW TV Box, still no luck.  It joins the wireless network, but is failing to conect to LAN and internet.  Error code 14, followed disable pings as suggested.

No problems with Apple TV, Chromecast or Fire Stick.

Any help appreciated.  Cannot connect by ethernet due to lack of avaailable ports.

Thanks

miffi66

7 REPLIES 7
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Not usually any issues with TalkTalk. Is this a brand new box you are setting up? If you can temporarily connect to an Ethernet cable instead to see if it lets you continue and set up the box that should allow it to update the software to the latest version. You can then disconnect and try to connect to wifi again from the Settings menu.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

Thanks for your reply. No, it’s an old ish box, but a new router. I’ll try your suggestion. Many thanks.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User If it's an already set up box you can change the network settings from the Settings > Network > Set up Connection section.

Edit: sorry I see you've already connected but it's failing at the WAN stage. If it lets you connect via Ethernet without a 013 error then try the following:

Press Home on the remote to take you to the home screen. Then do the following sequence on your remote quickly and smoothly
Home (x5) FF (x3) REW (x2)

If done correctly a Secret Screen will appear (if it doesn't, press Home to go back to the start and then try again). Choose Update software and allow it to run (even if it reports the same version as you already have).

Then try changing your network settings back to wifi.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Andy

Hi Miffi

I've just have one question for you, have you installed your Talk Talk wi-fi name and password on your Now TV box?  I ask because without these pieces of information your Now TV box will not work, it will be able to initially update itself, as part of the setting up process, but it will not be able to sustain an Internet connection.

Finally, as an after thought, you also have to put your Now TV username and password in the box as well.

I may be "stating the obvious" but as you no doubt know I have to ask these questions to cover all the bases.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same problem everything else in the house worked with the WiFi and internet except the now TV box .when I went to the settings screen on the now TV box it showed it was connected to channel 11which is a2.4M channe. I went to the router settings and changed the 2.4M channel output to 50%, this was a couple of days ago and everything is working ok now.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do you d this i am having the same problem and cant get any answers for nowtv or talk talk.help 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ho un problema di connessione con modem dlink 5592 non si collega con stick nowtv lo riconosce ma non si connette. Mi da errore codice 014.40  Mi sapete dare una risposta grazie