cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

UKTV Play app sign in issues

OK I've dug my now tv box as I'm using the service more and more lately. I've set up thge box but I'm struggling to log in to the UKTV Play app. When I hit sign in I get a code to type into the activation page in UKTV web site, but the app closes before I have chance to type the code.

Has anyone come accross the same issue? Ifv you did how have you fixed it. I can't find any info on this problem.

I have tried so far

unistalled and reinstalled the app

factory reset of the box

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It looks like my firewall webfilter detected the url, used to call back to uktv, as newly observed domain. The url was sqs.devuktv.co.uk . I exempted this url and all good now. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User try logging into the UKTV website first and going to the page where you put the code before going to the uktv app. Then all you have to do is key in the code when prompted.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestion. 

Ive tried to get the code in before the crash but my typing isn’t quick enough. 😀

The issue im seeing is that the app force closes after about 5 seconds of opening the sign in part. The counter says the code is valid for 30 minutes but it simply won’t work, presumably because the app bombed out. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It looks like my firewall webfilter detected the url, used to call back to uktv, as newly observed domain. The url was sqs.devuktv.co.uk . I exempted this url and all good now.