cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There was a problem connecting to the netwok

Error message (activation plugin not downloaded: -4)

just bought this box today have tried everything over the past 2 hours including using my neighbours wi-fi connection and nothing is working - just keep getting the same message.....anyone help?

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Not sure if this would work,but might be worth a try if you can gain access into the box secret menu settings screen.

If you go into the box secret menu by pressing the Home button 5 times on the remote controller, followed quickly by pressing the Fast Forward button 3 times, then quickly followed by pressing the Rewind button 2 times.

Once in the secret menu firstly try the forced software update, should that doesn't help with your problem, then perhaps going back into the secret menu once again and try a factory reset.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Error message (activation plugin not downloaded: -4)

just bought this box today have tried everything over the past 2 hours including using my neighbours wi-fi connection and nothing is working - just keep getting the same message.....anyone help?

Hi @Anonymous User 

We are sorry to hear about this ! 

We have included some steps to hopefully get the box up and running 🙂 

Check for updates

On your NOW TV remote:

1. Quickly press Home x5, Fast Forward x3 then Rewind x2 in this order.
  2. Select Update Software then press OK.

Hard reset the box
On the back of the NOW TV box, or the bottom if it’s a NOW TV Smart Box, press the Reset button for at least 30 seconds (the screen may go blank before the time's up but it's important to continue to hold in the button for the full 30 seconds).

Factory reset the box
Using your NOW TV remote:

1. Go to Settings and select System.
  2. Choose Factory Reset.
  3. Choose Factory reset everything and press the Play / Pause button 3 times.

Once the reset's complete, you'll need to set your NOW TV box back up.

If this hasn't worked, and you have a black NOW TV box, try connecting it to the router via an Ethernet cable to see if this resolves the issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do not use the auto tv settings use 720p not 1080p as now tv doesn’t seem to support 1080p worked for me (you may have to reset and start setup again peace out 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the Info just bought a black box and set to 720 and worked.just would not connect to internet on auto or 1020. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not helpful but thanks for your reply.

I have done everything asked if by nowtv help - they say faulty box I say yeah right you must have a lot of them when loads of people on the forum say the same. Couldn’t get app to work on laptop either. Now using explorer11 instead as it supports silver light and been working on so far but I bought the box for more than nowtv as is a smart box but not very smart in my opinion
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem, tried all the steps they have told me to and still can’t connect to network. Still waiting on email reply since 15th nov. Terrible customer service
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you are using a NowTV box, have you tried the steps in this guide article linked below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box