cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There must be an easier way to jump to a channel

could somebody please tell me if there's another option to select a particular channel, other than scrolling down through the entire list!?  

Otherwise, I'm gonna get grief from the wife and daughter till the end of days!  🙄

20 REPLIES 20
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

could somebody please tell me if there's another option to select a particular channel, other than scrolling down through the entire list!?  

Otherwise, I'm gonna get grief from the wife and daughter till the end of days!  🙄

Unfortunately @Anonymous User There's no way of chossing a channel manaully 😞 Scrolling is the only option at the moment.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pressing the ">>" button on the remote at the channel list or tv guide jumps a whole page.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

surely with the increased popularity, they can do something about that?!
even the option to pin favourite channels to the front page maybe?

Cheers for the tip about page scrolling though. 👍
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
surely with the increased popularity, they can do something about that?!
even the option to pin favourite channels to the front page maybe?

Cheers for the tip about page scrolling though. 👍

Id say it would easily enough done too. Maybe the remote is what is holding it back. However, an app with numbered button functionality would solve all problems. Hmmm. I'll report it back anyway @Anonymous User

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Tony-D wrote:

Id say it would easily enough done too. Maybe the remote is what is holding it back. However, an app with numbered button functionality would solve all problems. Hmmm. I'll report it back anyway @Anonymous User

Yes, it's a real shame there's no option to purchase a more comprehensive hand-held remote control.

It's even more of a shame that you can't download a specially created 'app' to control our smart boxes 😉

Miketurn
Scholar 3

It'd be an idea to allow us to delete or hide unwanted channels, or make a favourites list so that we don't have to scroll through so much rubbish.

Freeview on the Smart box really does seem a very half hearted affair, and it's not something I enjoy using or reccommend to others.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

+1 to OP and this idea.

I switched from Sky to Now TV a few months ago and changing channels is the one bug bear that I find very frustrating. 

Using a sideclick addresses the lack of volume, input source & standby buttons, but having to hold the "down" button to scroll all the way to the HD channels every time takes way too long.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is one of the things holding me back from purchasing one as we would use it on the tv in the bedroom which isn't a smart tv. But we use it for freeview every night, so scrolling through the channels is going to be long! All Now TV or Sky need to do is bring out a remote with numbers on it like every other remote control, i would even buy it as an add on if it didn't come as standard 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

If NowTV have any sense and do decide in the future to manufacture a smart box version 2, then lets hope they take on board all the feedback from smart box customers with the limitations and negativity of the current box (even if NowTV have to outsource a numeric remote controller with more functionality instead of using the generic Roku remote).